Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KAYAL TARGETING A FAST START

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Beram Kayal is keen to get back to winning ways and is targeting a fast start in tonight’s match against Rotherham United.The Israeli international was absent from Saturday afternoon’s FA Cup loss to Hull City, but wants to maintain the team’s recent good performances in the league and hopes the fine margins will soon turn in Albion’s favour.
He said, “I think that for the first 20 or 25 minutes of games at the beginning of the season, we controlled things and normally we scored first. We’ve missed that in the last few games and hopefully we’ll come back to do the same job.
“We’re playing the same system and programme; we’ve had some great performances in the last few games but haven’t managed to get a result.
“Against Wolves at home we played very well and controlled the game, but they scored and then defended for most of it.
“The hard work from the players is the same, but we feel we’ve been unlucky in the last few games, especially against Derby where we drew in the last minute due to what we felt was a very unfortunate penalty.
“At QPR after leading 2-0, they brought it back to 2-2 through Charlie Austin. We feel unlucky because normally we would win those games this season."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion face a hectic run of fixtures in January and Kayal has welcomed the return of key players, the likes of Kazenga LuaLua and Sam Baldock, from injury and the arrival of fresh faces.“We have our key players back and we missed them in the team. Everyone knows how important they are to our squad and we wanted them back to help us continue our run near the top of the table.
“The new lads, Liam [Ridgewell] and Anthony [Knockaert], have only been here a week but you can see that they have good personalities. Anthony has good experience in English football and Liam, more so in the Premier League. I think new players refresh us and give us good momentum to continue in the last four months of the league.
“He [Anthony] looks like a great player with a lot of talent in his legs and I hope he’s going to help us in the second half of the season. He’s refreshed the squad and I think he is going to do well for us."
After heading the Championship table for so long this season, Kayal insists the mentality of the side hasn't changed.
“Nothing can take away our focus and we’re going to challenge ourselves to be near the top. I think the best thing is to always remain focused on the game ahead of you.
“We know that the Christmas period was a tough time, but mentally we were always ready with a positive mindset to win games. We are now looking forward to the next game and we want to get back into winning ways.”
[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
[/h]SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here