Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still only 5 points off automatic promotion. A few high quality signings.......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And we can get back on that bike.

KTF.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well let's hope Hull don't win tomorrow, otherwise it is 6 points.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there we go, glass half full :drink: still half the season to go, plenty to play for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we'd lost 4 games spread out over the season amongst the draws and wins people would be hugely positive. It's because the start was so, so good that it feels hard at the moment.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If we'd lost 4 games spread out over the season amongst the draws and wins people would be hugely positive. It's because the start was so, so good that it feels hard at the moment.

I think it's more to do with how we are playing at the moment , so many mistakes at the back and how we have not scored in 6 ,and in all honesty don't look like scoring . The tempo has also gone , all pace has disappeared and we have become so predictable , we made Rotherham look a good team in the first half .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
IT WILL COME. Just one goal or a bit of luck and it will spark us again. Losing Kaz, March and finally RVLP killed our primary attacking outlets.

I watched the Wolves defeat and I couldn't see much different to our win against Birmingham (when everyone was raving) - except for a missing March.

Knockaert will be the guy.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Would people have been satisfied with being where we are now before a ball had been kicked at the start of the season? I know I would've, let's hope that this albeit a major one is our only wobble for the season. A couple of decent additions a lucky win and we'll be just fine. Hughton hasn't turned into a bad manager just like the players who took us on the run that took us to the top of the league haven't turned into bad players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we need the signings to be made now not in 2 weeks time to get back on track. I wonder how TB is considering his statement that we intend to strengthen from a position of strength. If asked in August would I like to be where we are now the answer would have been obviously yes but asked the same question after the draw at Burnley it would definitely be No.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
IT WILL COME. Just one goal or a bit of luck and it will spark us again. Losing Kaz, March and finally RVLP killed our primary attacking outlets.

I watched the Wolves defeat and I couldn't see much different to our win against Birmingham (when everyone was raving) - except for a missing March.

Knockaert will be the guy.
I agree. I don't think it fan be underestimated just how important an in form March running at opposition defences creating chances was. We sorely miss him. More than any other player. Our form has gone tits up since he's been out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree. I don't think it fan be underestimated just how important an in form March running at opposition defences creating chances was. We sorely miss him. More than any other player. Our form has gone tits up since he's been out.
He was in fantastic form before getting injured, but I think that we played our best football before he hit his purple patch, when KLL was in great early season form.

I'm not sure what has happened over the last 4-5 weeks, but I am confident that there is enough experience and leadership in the squad that the players will sort it out between themselves.

In all the seasons that I can remember, we always seem to be crap during the winter and prolonged periods of bad weather. I know that it's the same for both teams etc., but it's just never seemed to suit our style of play.

Darkest hour is before dawn: remember how depressed we were after losing away at an arctic Barnsley in March 2013, then 4 days later we beat Palace 3-0 and then didn't lose again in the regular season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I say this without any knowledge at all, but I'd be surprised if we do make "a few quality signings" from here, where a few is 3 or more.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I say this without any knowledge at all, but I'd be surprised if we do make "a few quality signings" from here, where a few is 3 or more.
I think as I have said before, the league position/performance premium that could have swayed players or agents of top line signings to take a chance with us, has sadly all but evaporated.... that particular boat has long since headed out past the harbour arm.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Even if we did get 3 quality signings, they would soon sink to the level of the rest of the team, at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even if we did get 3 quality signings, they would soon sink to the level of the rest of the team, at the moment.

I think that is the most negative post I have seen from you, assuming you are not being facetious? Where do you think the problem lies?

I was so pissed off at last night's capitulation that I have had to alter my mindset to just accepting that we are going to fall away to mid table, anything better will be a bonus. In fairness before a ball was kicked, just avoiding a relegation battle was all I hoped for, after last season. I got my hopes up to a ridiculous level by the time our unbeaten run came to an end though and need to just relax about it all to continue enjoying what has been a very good season until the last 6 games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We don't need signings; we already have a stronger squad than the one that was looking class in August/September. The consensus back then was that this was the best Albion team since the early 80s.

What we need is a bit of luck, return to fitness of the injured and some dry weather.

Edit to add: I'd still bloody love to see us get Tex back on a permanent basis though.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

And it's the fear that that would happen that will keep really good quality players (Calleri, Bolanos, for example) from being prepared to sign for us. Success breeds success; relative failure breeds relative failure. It's a shame that our form went pear-shaped just before the transfer window opened - if it had waited until the end of Jan, we'd have had a much better chance of signing truly gifted players, imo.

Still - 6th at this point? Decent. Will we stay there? On current form - not a chance in hell.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
After our good start I was hoping that by the end of Decemeber we would be able to sing 'We are staying up'.
Not able to do that yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here