Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game (hotel)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
That was awful. We played like a team who, at the end of a season in which they've been relegated, are looking forward to their holidays. From the first ten minutes when Bruno had given away the ball three times and Stockdale attempted to gift them a goal, which they politely declined, Stockdale then reacting to the mild chastisement of the Albion faithful with a rude gesture, you knew it wasn't going to be a great night. No creativity from the mid-field, toothless attack, comical (without being remotely funny) defending. Three chances spurned, Stephens, with only the keeper to beat, went wide. Hermes and Wilson to slow to get onto the end of crosses for the other two.

Rotherham not up to much so we gave them two goals. Dunk gave his usual one away only to be upstaged by a real shocker from Bruno.

Really pisspoor.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That was awful. We played like a team who, at the end of a season in which they've been relegated, are looking forward to their holidays. From the first ten minutes when Bruno had given away the ball three times and Stockdale attempted to gift them a goal, which they politely declined, Stockdale then reacting to the mild chastisement of the Albion faithful with a rude gesture, you knew it wasn't going to be a great night. No creativity from the mid-field, toothless attack, comical (without being remotely funny) defending. Three chances spurned, Stephens, with only the keeper to beat, went wide. Hermes and Wilson to slow to get onto the end of crosses for the other two.

Rotherham not up to much so we gave them two goals. Dunk gave his usual one away only to be upstaged by a real shocker from Bruno.

Really pisspoor.

Oh dear. Enjoy your Horlics

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Really pisspoor.

Credit to you and 374 others for making the effort up there tonight, the fans deserve better and CH knows it

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think Ch needs to really shake the team up , their performances are becoming a real concern now , if things don't change quickly I think questions need to be ask about CH

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Stockdale gestured to fans? Do you think that was justified? Dunk was slaughtered for it a few weeks ago. Stockdale seems to get away with this type of thing.

Well done for making the trip though [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 370 odd that made that trip are bloody heroic.....well done.

:clap2:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok, so I wasn't there thank goodness. But with the 20/20 vision of hindsight shackled to all the scraps of commentary etc., here's my two pennorth:

Dunk should have been rested for Goldson. His confidence must surely be shot.
Shame we lost Greer, but why the obsession with shoehorning Crofts in to the team. For me, he adds nothing with his 10 yard sideways passing - Ray Wilkins re-incarnated.
Hemed and Baldock should have had half an hour at least together. Subs clearly too late.
Wilson needs a break. Whatever was wrong with him was clearly draining and I'm not convinced he should have been forced to play through it.
Bruno is looking mentally tired and possibly overcompensating.
The squad should have been rotated better with the likes of Holla, Ince and particularly JFC getting some game time alongside
the likes of Stephens and Kayal, rather than waiting until the latter two are knackered.
Murphy is shot. Needs a break. The regular play with the move up a level has tired him out too.

Hughton is starting to get stressed. If this is the season that we really go for it, what's to say Tony might not pull the trigger and bring someone else in to finish the job. Indeed what if Jones was to Hughton what Gus was to Wise. There's a worrying thought!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nice ground, we were good for 20 minutes in the second half, but continual gifting of goals by defenders isn't the way forward.

Nice stewards, very understanding!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
oh dear..........a lack lustre performance of that nature away to a team that we would be expected , by anyone who is following the championship,to beat fairly easily would seem to indicate a severe lack of motivation amongst the team......doubt that Hughton's "negative tactics" as have been mentioned elsewhere can be blamed for not scoring for 5 games and getting beaten by a team that is looking like probable relegation fodder........our lead balloon act will be something that will be discussed far and wide within the football community , this is a very bad result in my eyes.........haven't been this disappointed after turning my computer on in the morning since the 7 goal thrashing by huddersfield a few years back.......truly shocking result....COME ON LADS FOR ****SAKE.....!!!!!!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Really pisspoor.

Can't argue with much else in your post but I don't recall any such gesture from Stockdale.

Freezing cold and absolutely dire.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How the hell did no one notice the Chuckle Brothers playing for Brighton, disguised as Dunk and Bruno? FFS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still on the motorway but fed up with the team tripping over each other, getting in each other's way & generally not having a clue what they're doing. Hughton needs to go back to basics. I also worry that Jones may have been having a good input.
I didn't see Stockdale gesture to the fans but someone on Twittet reckons it was a sign of annoyance to himself which would make more sense. I don't feel heroic for going, just sad that we seem to be falling apart. I hope Hughtoncan sort it out.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Apart from his one slip Dunk played pretty well. Probably our man of the match. What we seem to have lost is our intensity. When we were winning games it was by the odd goal, we now seem to think that we can just turn up and it will happen for us. Rothrrham closed us down brilliantly in the first half. If we had defended better and gone in level at the break we would have probably won the game. If Stephens had scored when clean through we would have had a decent chance of winning the game. As much as I hate to say it, Bobby should have stuck one of his 3 chances away and salvaged a point.
What is perplexing is what is wrong with Wilson. Looked full of confidence for his first two games but today , fully fit now, he seemed to have no desire to hold onto the ball, turn and run at defenders. He looked completely disinterested.
Knockaert looks a good addition and gives us extra quality.
We need a goal and a win and the confidence should return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here