Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quality teams rising to the top, whilst the Albion are staying in the Championship

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The teams clocking up the points ooze class - great defences, but with creativity and goals, with fantastic squads. The Albion have been so unlucky with key injuries, but the great run of form earlier in the season is a now a distant memory. Now even mediocre to poor teams are regaining form against a weak, error-ridden Albion.

I can't see what can turn this around now. Championship football against Burton Albion and Gillingham beckons for 2016/17. A shame, as a great opportunity for automatic promotion has lost all momentum.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was always the case that the bigger clubs (ex premiership), would catch up with us.
If we do not make automatic promotion, we have to make a resurgent push for the play offs.
I see it as us starting a race as pace setters, but eventually being caught up by the favourites.
But we can/will come good, confidence prevailing.:albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All is not lost.

Not the time to wave the white flag.

Blackburn is must win. Zamora must start.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It was always the case that the bigger clubs (ex premiership), would catch up with us.
If we do not make automatic promotion, we have to make a resurgent push for the play offs.
I see it as us starting a race as pace setters, but eventually being caught up by the favourites.
What's ex prem Gotta do with it as wolves,Derby,Middlesbrough,Ipswich and Wednesday haven't been there for a while or a bloody long time for some.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What's ex prem Gotta do with it as wolves,Derby,Middlesbrough,Ipswich and Wednesday haven't been there for a while or a bloody long time for some.

They have the 'bloody' experience to fight for the return to the top flight, whereas we do not.:)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

No parachute money propping up the squads of M'boro, Derby, Ipswich and Sheff Weds. They just know how to win football games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All is not lost.

Not the time to wave the white flag.

Blackburn is must win. Zamora must start.

To be fair, middlesboro was a must win.....then Ipswich was.....then wolves was....and then Rotherham, who are really piss poor , although hughton reckons were better than us( what!!!) ...now Blackburn is a must win.

Ok, we all have blips, but blimey this is not a blip it's a horrible run when compared to the 20 odd games that went before.

Town hit another 5 though...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Only three of these quality teams MAY be promoted. We are in the fight. It could be us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We may well not go up as only two of the four breakaway group will. with Hull and Boro dropping recent points though it will not be cut and dried until the end of the season and we should have every chance of at least being in the playoffs.

I love it when threads like this are bounced. This one isn't quite as good as the strop [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] had after the Aberdeen friendly though.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
The unbeaten run does seem like a distant memory. But so does the Christmas blip. With the exception of the Cardiff game, we are in good form. It's amazing how peoples support seems to vanish after a few poor results. Have faith in the players and the manager!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, who would want to join a team that haven't been outside of the top 6 all season?

Fair cop.. but even you would have to agree that things have changed a tad since I posted that. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here