Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Shortage of critical medicine - captopril

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Used to lower blood pressure in children with congential heart defects. National shortage, too expensive apparently. I have being ringing pharmacies all around the the south west. Answers on a postcard please David Cameron you **** how you can give millions to countries with space programs etc and yet whilst your own citizens are flooded and British children's lives are at risk because they cant get the drugs required you continue with your fraud. It makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Come to Queens hospital in Romford. We've got loads of it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I suppose if DC hadn't wasted a couple of billion reorganising the NHS, increasing administration costs by a couple of billion each year there might be some spare money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've no idea about the liquid form of captopril but in tablet form it's about 30p a pop. Are they seriously telling you it's too expensive?

this, looked it up and its cheap as chips generic drug. some mis-information here.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Anything to have a pop at DC.
Trouble is the NHS has been eating funding and not improving for decades.

what I said earlier we can send millions to some of the most corrupt nations on Earth and yet the Eton mess will happily watch his own people suffer and sometimes die, he is two Bob!!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anything to have a pop at DC.
Trouble is the NHS has been eating funding and not improving for decades.

Nobody is suggesting unlimited NHS funding, and the amount we spend is less than many European countries.
The NHS has done magnificently coping with an increasingly elderly population and the fall out from cuts in other services and the short sighted privatisation of nursing and care homes.
DC is a valid target in any NHS debate.
He claimed he would not do any top down reorganisation then did exactly that (2-3 billion wasted). Forgivable if it reduced administration costs, but it didn't (2billion pa wasted). what it did was use public money to implement a system where private companies could bid for even more parts of the NHS. Now if this led to a reduction in costs it still might be forgivable, but previous experiments suggest this will not be the case. Now we don't know the results of this first tranche of contracts in terms of price or patient outcomes yet, but we do know one of the contracts was awarded to Allied Healthcare (major shareholder Lord Ashcroft, tax exile, vat dodger, blackmailer, Tory peer) despite their bid being £15million more than the bid from the local NHS trust. They subcontracted to the NHS trust and pocketed £15million. So not looking good.
To top all this DC ducked any question on the issues by hiding behind his own dead child shouting "the NHS is safe in my hands.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
what I said earlier we can send millions to some of the most corrupt nations on Earth and yet the Eton mess will happily watch his own people suffer and sometimes die, he is two Bob!!

Same problems under Blair and Brown so it's not DC that is the issue. It's the behemoth that the NHS has become.

Not sure what the answer is but repeatedly throwing money at it is not working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here