Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2020

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Euro 2020- Being played across a number of cities in Europe rather than in just one or two countries. I thought this was a rubbish idea but looking at the cities and stadiums where games are being played maybe it will work out ok. Some great places to visit if you do want to go to games, plus the semis and finals in London.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020

euro 2020.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like the idea of a "roadshow" tournament every 16 years or so, but feel they should prioritise nations that wouldn't have the capability to host a tournament on their own.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I still think it's a rubbish idea, one of the great things about these tournaments when they're in a single country is the huge volume of fans you'll see that may have tickets for some games but will be around for games they haven't got tickets for. I remember some great times in Lens in '98, Bruges and Brussels in 2000, even in Japan you saw it, Lisbon in '04 - I have not idea how many England fans were in Lisbon but not at the game but I suspect it was in the tens of thousands - All round Germany in '06. The mass of people from all nations is just brilliant, I'm not sure my body could cope with it now, but the memories are brilliant.

Incidentally, we met someone we called 'Catweazel' in Bruges, he stuck his knob in to my tent, now I occasionally see him at Brighton station, looks like some sort of hippy/tramp hybrid... Brilliant times.

My point being, that won't happen in 2020.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't like the idea but imagine if we did make the semis at Wembley - would be another amazing match just like the whole of Euro96..!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here