Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff away now on Sky 12.30KO 20th February

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Have we ever been live on TV so much in one season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we have to be on Sky I prefer it to be an away game as I do not go to away games now, been seen and done that over the years when younger but too much hassle now. I know that makes me a bad fan but I can live with that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not one I was ever going to travel to, so quite happy with that. Other than the fact that were loose now, obviously.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't be long now before the onset of wall-to-wall pay-per-view games with fans let in to grounds for a token fee just to add a colourful backdrop. Unbelievable how people shell out hard-earned money only to submit to being jerked around and hit heftily in the pocket at the whim of SKY. Not a sustainable business model really. Wasn't it recently reported that Premier League clubs could actually afford to let fans attend for free?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't be long now before the onset of wall-to-wall pay-per-view games with fans let in to grounds for a token fee just to add a colourful backdrop. Unbelievable how people shell out hard-earned money only to submit to being jerked around and hit heftily in the pocket at the whim of SKY. Not a sustainable business model really. Wasn't it recently reported that Premier League clubs could actually afford to let fans attend for free?

How are Sky "not a sustainable business model" ??
We may not like what they do to our fixtures, but by 'eck they are coining it. BSkyB must be comfortably one of the most profitable businesses in the UK.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was a thread a short while back from someone who was asking if that was likely to go ahead. It's FA cup weekend, isn't it? Probably one of the bigger league games that is still going ahead that week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely we are due a good performance and result on Sky someday,.unless we keep it in store for the play off finals if we have to go down that route.

I wait with baited breath, but our record in the League on TV is utterly miserable. If its not the injuries that does for us this season, it'll be the Sky cameras jinx.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Stoke do [or at least used to] provide free travel to all premier league away games

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How are Sky "not a sustainable business model" ??
We may not like what they do to our fixtures, but by 'eck they are coining it. BSkyB must be comfortably one of the most profitable businesses in the UK.

Sorry Easy, I didn't mean SKY, I meant the current set up of clubs on the receiving end of being jerked around by SKY is not a sustainable business model. Too many fans losing too much money too many times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here