• No

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Junior doctors strike

Do you support the junior doctors striking today ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really sorry that you feel insulted .Maybe you might find that you might feel like the junior doctors too if you had major changes to your contract of employment forced on you. Hopefully you won't have to face that.

Yoda

English & European
They have more of an idea of what's right for Patient Care than some ****wit in a suit in Westminster that has NO experience in the NHS or medical care.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really sorry that you feel insulted .Maybe you might find that you might feel like the junior doctors too if you had major changes to your contract of employment forced on you. Hopefully you won't have to face that.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But I won't try and support my argument by trying to fool others that I am fighting on their behalf.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the BMA was calling for a change to the contract for years. the current proposal appears to meet their concerns and improve upon them (shorter hours maximum, shorter shift patterns). apparently they are arguing over pay around unsocial hours, seems the only problem.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

abc

Jan 6, 2007

A change involving an 11% pay increase and improving patient care without having to work any more hours and in most cases less? Of course they should strike rather than 'face that'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Getting away from the simplistic Doctors must be right Employers/government must be wrong positions I think it's fair to say this whole process hasn't been handled particularly well, by all sides.

I don't know the intricacies of the contract offer to know if the doctors have legitimate reasons to strike but causing disruption and possibly worse to patients to further a negotiating position doesn't seem particularly ethical.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
A change involving an 11% pay increase and improving patient care without having to work any more hours and in most cases less? Of course they should strike rather than 'face that'.

Government misinformation - removal of 40-50% pay supplement alongside 11% increase in base pay. Overall cost neutral!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
do you understand the issues they are striking over?

Understand perfectly thanks, my wife works with disabled children in the NHS. Do you understand the issues? Judging by your post on the the other Junior doctors thread you have as much idea as Jeremy Hunt.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always thought doctors had to be quite clever people,now you put it like that, they must be incredibly stupid to go on strike having had their pay and conditions improved. I can't understand how a majority of them voted to strike? It's obviously insane.

Edit: In fact they should be grateful they have a job at all.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Understand perfectly thanks, my wife works with disabled children in the NHS. Do you understand the issues? Judging by your post on the the other Junior doctors thread you have as much idea as Jeremy Hunt.

i understand that, as with most industrial disputes, both sides present their version in the public. as it stands, having previously looked into the detail of the shifts and changes to hours, it looks like the vast majority of doctors will be in a better state than currently. im honestly confused as to what the BMA is asking for, as their talk is vague about safe guards (im sure technical managment stuff that isnt going to make for good news columns).

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Government misinformation - removal of 40-50% pay supplement alongside 11% increase in base pay. Overall cost neutral!!

reduction of pay supplement for unsocial hours, which the BMA want to be reduced in number anyway. if you work only weekends/evenings, its going to be a poor deal. if you work one weekend and a few evenings a month its probably around neutral. if you work "social hours" anyway, you've gained 11% rise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here