Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Naming Rights

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does anyone know/can anyone remember how long our naming agreement with American Express was for?

I can't remember if it was 5 or 10 years (or possibly neither), but it occurred to me that this summer will mark our 5th anniversary at the Amex, so if it was 5 years they'd be up for grabs again after this season.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Does anyone know/can anyone remember how long our naming agreement with American Express was for?

I can't remember if it was 5 or 10 years (or possibly neither), but it occurred to me that this summer will mark our 5th anniversary at the Amex, so if it was 5 years they'd be up for grabs again after this season.

Shall we all put a tenner in and call it the north stand chat community stadium?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Also pretty sure it was ten years. As a side question how many years are left on the shirt sponsorship deal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also pretty sure it was ten years. As a side question how many years are left on the shirt sponsorship deal

Not sure of the answer but I would think that the club may get better value to have seperate sponsorship for the shirts than the stadium but I am sure PB knows what he is doing without my help.

SAC

May 21, 2014
After the first 10 years it will always be called the Am..er.."new name" stadium

Exactly. After the sponsorship deal has ended there will be a fair few that will forever refer to the ground as The Amex. Because of this, I wonder if the next deal will be as lucrative.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its strange that with naming rights the first one sticks. I still think of huddersfields as the mcalpine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here