Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray please Mr Bloom....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Afobe and now Grabban signed by the cherries. Glenn for 2-3 m surely would be a superb signing will score goals in this team I have no doubt.

Alternatively get him on an emergency loan early Feb.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A transfer is not possible. A loan in February would be within the rules though.

Which might make an excellent Plan B. If we fail to sign a striker of the right calibre by the time the transfer window slams shut, we could, in theory, make a move for Mr.Murray.

His loan period would pretty much carry us through until the end of the season. The opportunity might be there then, for us to sign him pemanantly.

Lots of if's and but's to be overcome first l know.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I've just explained why in the other thread. He cannot play for three clubs in one season. 93 day loan only.

Fair enough TB. Emergency loan then it is. Has to be done.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just can't see it happening. I think Glenn is a slightly odd character and a man of principles that with everything that has happened, AND the way he went to Palace means he would not come back here through choice.

He'd probably rather go out on a loan to ANYONE else in the Championship except us unfortunately.

I would love to be proven wrong, I really would but just can't see it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I just can't see it happening. I think Glenn is a slightly odd character and a man of principles that with everything that has happened, AND the way he went to Palace means he would not come back here through choice.

He'd probably rather go out on a loan to ANYONE else in the Championship except us unfortunately.

I've heard he would love to come back?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

A lot of water under the bridge since then.

SAC

May 21, 2014

I suspect that he would play for anyone who paid him but it would be a bonus not to be too far from the family.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'll contemplate this one more in the loan window, depending on how good a striker we manage to buy this month.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Played for us before. - check
Over the age of 30. - check

Dont se a problem with this deal. Could happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The loan window is open from 2nd Feb to Mid March probably midnight 16th/17th being the 3rd Thursday. Should we not sign a striker before then I wou;ld look at a loan for GM or Kermogant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love Glenn Murray but if we can't do better than him on a permanent transfer in this window we are not going to be staying in the playoffs IMO. We need a striker with pace and presence and the ability to score at this level. Glenn covers two of those options but is an old man now and will not cope with the number of games we will be relying on him. This assumes Hemed and Baldock don't come good but they haven't yet so I can't see they will as the going gets tougher,

We NEED a genuine quality young striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here