Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous peoples deaths that have shaken you up?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brian Johnston, the cricket commentator. I loved TMS and was heartbroken when he died.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Princess Diana

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree with Rik Mayall and off the top of my head add Freddie Mercury and Kirsty Maccoll

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Princess Di, gawd luv er. She truly woz the queen ov 'arts. *sniff*

In reality, Rik Mayall's death did really shock me. Totally out of the blue and he was one of my comedy heroes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Adam Yauch (aka MCA), I grew up with the Beastie Boys and that left me feeling down for a few days. Died at only 47.

Oh and to a lesser degree Aaliyah, I was on a field trip when she died and her music had been playing all week.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Adam Yauch was a distressing one.
And Heath Ledger, that was a shocker.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Michael Jackson, slightly strangely (not to mention embarrassingly). Partly because Off The Wall was the first album I owned - I still think it's a masterpiece.

But it was more the fact that I completely remembered when Thriller had come out, how bloody good it was, then it going so huge etc. He was about the first major star to die whose peak period I'd liked and remembered well myself, whereas as a kid I'd had to be informed by others why the deaths of Elvis and John Lennon had mattered so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here