Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature IX: Group A***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ladies and Gentleman, it is time. The 2016 edition of the Worlds Hardest Creature is upon us. Over the coming weeks 45 of the worlds fiercest, strongest, most aggressive beasts will fight, bite, claw, tear, shred, roar, grapple, constrict, maim and kill until only one is left to claim the most coveted title in the animal kingdom, that of The Worlds Hardest Creature. In honour of the passing of David Bowie(who I'm fairly certain was a massive fan of the competition), this year the trophy the winner will lift will not be the animal bowl but the 'Diamond Dogs' animal bowl.

To the competition then. Five groups of nine beasts. Top three form each group go through, highest scoring fourth placed animal will take the final spot in the last sixteen.

As always we are looking for hardness. Size, while certainly a factor to be considered, isn't everything. You should consider the level of punishment the beast can deliver and withstand. It's attitude is important too. Aggression, devil may care to hell with safety balls out attack should be admired. If you believe in an animal then support it. Argue for it: photos and videos are positively encouraged.

Now, without further ado, here are the creatures of WHC IX group A.

Grizzly Bear

3418047-4757105568-grizz.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_bear

The Grizzly is a regular in the WHC but has yet to capture the imagination of the voting public. Perhaps because it's difficult to tell just how hard it is. It's massive(males weigh up to 400kg) and massively powerful and because of that it has no real predators and no real adversaries. If someone or something is stupid enough to get to close however they'll witness the naked aggression of the Grizzly and most likely get ripped apart by its razor sharp claws and maw.

Stingray

Pitted_stingray_osaka3.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray

These water loving beasts main claim to fame is the power of the punch they pack in their tails. Usually their stinging tails are only used in defense. Don't mess with a stingray and it won't(usually) mess with you. To be honest I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing that's going to see the Stingray get too far in this competition, but you never know.

Great White Shark

gty_Great_white_shark_mm_150616_16x9_992.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark

The Great White Shark has never really done too well in this competition despite being a perennial entrant. Often derided as a flat track bully it is often overlooked despite having a number of attributes which should stand it in good stead... First up it is a ferocious predator, a killing machine with a tremendously powerful bite that can rip boats, other sharks, prey in half. It's sheer size and power allow it to lord it up in the oceans of the world, it's only predator being the preposterously large killer whale.

Box Jelly Fish

Box-jellyfish-eyes.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_jellyfish

This is a highly venomous creature which, unlike other jelly fish, actively hunts its prey. It possesses something like sixty tentacles, each of which has around 500,000 explosive cells that explode it's poisonous toxin into it's victim. Studies have shown that the box jellyfish's venom can kill a human in as quick a time as 2-5minutes.

Cape Buffalo

096cde0a2593a3a90c4b82857557dc02.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_buffalo

The Cape Buffalo, one of Africa's 'big five', is a WHC veteran having appeared in every competition. It always puts up a showing but has never advanced past the quarter finals. It is known as 'the black death' and 'widowmaker' due to it's exemplary aggressive nature, brute strength and intelligence-it is known, if wounded, to ambush it's predator and deal swift vengeance upon it.

Rhino

runnin-rhinos.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinoceros

The second member of the African big five in this group, the Rhino is a huge, powerful beast with a sharp, hard horn and a five cm thick protective skin. It has no real predators in the wild.

Mantis Shrimp

maxresdefault.jpg

The mantis shrimp burst onto the WHC scene in 2014 storming it's way to the title on a tidal wave of popular support. It couldn't match it's debut success in 2015 getting knocked out in the quarter finals. It's a small (anywhere between 10-38cm long) but phenomenally well suited to this competition. It is a vracious predator which possess either smasher or spear claws, both of which can inflict serious damage on significantly larger prey. In case of the smashers they can hit with such speed that they create cavity bubbles which, when they collapse, create a secondary shock wave that is able to disable and kill its prey by itself. Along with this the speed with which they strike creates actual light. They have also been known to be able to break the glass of its tank.

Mosquito

Mosquitoes.jpg

Annoying little *******s are mosquitos, these 'vectors of diseases' transmit deadly diseases from host to host making it the most deadly animal in the world.

Brazilian Wandering Spider

img_0006b.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_wandering_spider

This furry little arachnid is officially the most venomous spider in the world and aggressive to boot. As an aside if they bite a human a side effect of the venom is priapism, erections which are painful, last several hours and can lead to impotence.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was struggling for motivation this year but thanks to your fine work, I think I might be able to muster some.

Plus the GWS is in this group, it is my favourite animal and it never wins. I shall be plumping for said animal here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I fancy the spider as a dark horse (?) but it needs rebranding as Brazilian Wandering Spider isn't scary enough.

South American psycho Arachnid ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
GWS is probably the weakest in this group. Not really its fault, but it doesn't do anything hard. Mantis Shrimp for me I think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're top of the league
We're top of the league
We're #TeamGWS
We're top of the league

(Just singing it now, because I now realise that half way through the competition we will see that we can't ever sing it again)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
GWS is probably the weakest in this group. Not really its fault, but it doesn't do anything hard. Mantis Shrimp for me I think.

I could TREAD on half the competitors in this group.

I'd like to see you put your foot anywhere near a GWS and call it a pussy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I could TREAD on half the competitors in this group.

I'd like to see you put your foot anywhere near a GWS and call it a pussy.

And there's the answer in a nut shell.

I urge you, people of NSC, to think of the kid in your year who was regarded as the hardest in the year. Could you TREAD on them? No. Were they, like the Rhino a VEGETARIAN? Unlikely. Were they massively ugly, psychopathically dangerous and with teeth like small spears? Were the cool kids who did things like SURFING scared of them? You betcha.

#TeamGWS

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I like the GWS, but decided to give the Grizzly some well deserved love.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is a serious distraction from the Johnathan Calleri thread :bowdown:

Stumpy Tim

Some early misunderstanding of the rules. If there was a Mantis Shrimp the size of a GWS, the Mantis Shrimp would punch the shark and would immediately knock it out. Pound for Pound, the Mantis Shrimp is WAAAAAAYYYYY harder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here