Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
....the Lord's Prayer?

Now, before you move to the next thread, this is NOT about religion as such. A member of my extended family, in her 30's, was surprised that older people, like me, know the Lord's Prayer.

Of course, the oldies had to recite it everyday at school and, even though I'm not religious I know it off by heart. If I could do a poll then I would but I'd be interested if people under 30 know the LP?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Aged 50 years, 11 months, 1 day. Yes I know it by heart. Would not be surprised though as you say if many under 30's don't know it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes years of listening to my dear father preaching means I knew it from around 6 years old I would suspect.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just tested, still know it from sunday school and.the ladybird book I was given as a child. Im in my 40s now.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
In my 50s. Yep still word perfect after reciting it many times at home/church/school as a child.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes. I still think in terms of "thy" and "trespasses".

Seeing this thread, I just tested my self, and knew it all straight away. I am almost 65, and those years of repeating it at school, almost now 50 years ago, have drummed it into me. Strange after all these years. My wife likes to listen to Songs of Praise, and again, quite amazing how often, once the hymn starts, I can recount every word.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yes I do, well into my 50 s now so another who recited it daily at school.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Seeing this thread, I just tested my self, and knew it all straight away. I am almost 65, and those years of repeating it at school, almost now 50 years ago, have drummed it into me. Strange after all these years. My wife likes to listen to Songs of Praise, and again, quite amazing how often, once the hymn starts, I can recount every word.

I rarely hear hymns these days, but when I do....... yup, the words all come back.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yup. Schools, church choir, Sunday school, cubs, scouts, plus annual revision test at Christmas Midnight Mass. Word perfect on the 'Thy' version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here