Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Live FACup game on the Beeb and pundit Crouchy sounding exasperated by the lack of opportunities to play first team football.

It's being reported in the news today he could be looking to move on, although at 34 he's near the end of his playing days is he worth a punt for us and Hughton?

Discuss.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Live FACup game on the Beeb and pundit Crouchy sounding exasperated by the lack of opportunities to play first team football.

It's being reported in the news today he could be looking to move on, although at 34 he's near the end of his playing days is he worth a punt for us and Hughton?

Discuss.

Much experience but at 34, I presume that it will be the same as BZ, and he would not be able to play many minutes on a regular basis. Given that he has hardly played, it would also take time for him to be up to some sort of speed. Perhaps 2 or 3 years ago this would have been a viable choice. Pity, as he has good pedigree.

Discuss.

Piss off.

Anyone who adds "discuss" is a bellcheese of monumental proportions craving attention.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Piss off.

Anyone who adds "discuss" is a bellcheese of monumental proportions craving attention.

Glad its not just me that finds that insanely annoying!

Back on topic, despite his age i think he has had better luck with injuries that Bobby, so assuming he is fit i see no reason why not, assuming he wanted to and was at a reasonable cost wages wise etc etc.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Much experience but at 34, I presume that it will be the same as BZ, and he would not be able to play many minutes on a regular basis. Given that he has hardly played, it would also take time for him to be up to some sort of speed. Perhaps 2 or 3 years ago this would have been a viable choice. Pity, as he has good pedigree.

He played and scored yesterday and was a used sub against Liverpool in the LC semi final last week. I don't think he's going to be that far away from full fitness. I don't think his injury record is that bad either.

I've always quite liked him, has actually got pretty good feet for a gangly bean pole and I think a drop down to The Championship could be a good move for him. Got the potential to be a cult hero wherever he ends up.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I suppose he could share games with Zamora, both have a half each, might even prolong both of their careers but I see would rather we signed a younger guy that can make the shirt his own.
So it's a no from me even if he did take a massive wage cut.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Not been the same player since he gave up his robot moves.
So for this reason ,its a no from me

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Agree. If we didn't already have Bobby Zee then maybe it would have been worth considering. We have money to spend and we really need to find someone younger, fitter, and able to play in the majority of games.

Hopefully we will be able to do that before the window slams shut at the end of January!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
FFS.

I thought we were supposed to be an exciting up and coming side looking for promotion. Not an old players home for lovable ancient eccentrics living out their memories of the last war.

Forward line of Heskey, Zamora and Crouch? I can hear the knees creaking from here.

Why not recall Gary Hart, Ashley Barnes, BazSavage and be done with it.

Leon Knight isn't that old and must have a couple of wind-ups left.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
FFS. :dunce:

I thought we were supposed to be an exciting up and coming side looking for promotion. Not an old players home for lovable ancient eccentrics living out their memories of the last war. :wave:

Forward line of Heskey, Zamora and Crouch? I can hear the knees creaking from here. :rave:

Why not recall Gary Hart, Ashley Barnes, BazSavage and be done with it. :flounce:

Leon Knight isn't that old and must have a couple of wind-ups left. :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here