Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Manu will come good?

What do you reckon to Elvis?

• I think the potential is there and we'll see him turn nit on before the season is out

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I think the potential is there but think it may not be until next season before we really see it

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I think he may be a useful squad player, but no more than that

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • I don't think he's good enough

Votes: 50 43.9%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I had a lot of hope for this kid when we splashed out to get him in, however on the evidence so far I'm beginning to have my doubts.

It's still early days and I know there are plenty of examples of players taking their time to fit in and show their class but do you think we'll get value from him and he'll make a valuable contribution to the team before the season is out?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Maybe he is one of those confidence players - once he gets a goal, the flood gates will open.

I hope so anyway.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I had a lot of hope for this kid when we splashed out to get him in, however on the evidence so far I'm beginning to have my doubts.

It's still early days and I know there are plenty of examples of players taking their time to fit in and show their class but do you think we'll get value from him and he'll make a valuable contribution to the team before the season is out?

To my eternal embarrassment, I said on here that Solly was not good enough at the start of the season, but that proved to be wrong, though he hardly showed that much promise earlier this season. But CH obviously knows more than I do, as he sees him in training every day, and the fact that he persevered with Solly, spoke volumes. Significantly, and by contrast, he has hardly used Manu at all, so that should tell us something.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My main concern is that he looks like he doesn't even know the rules of the game.

Bit like Forest Gump playing for Alabama, just give him the ball and hope he runs in the right direction

We need STOP ELVIS signs for when he's drifting offside.

stop-forrest.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He should have taken his chance by now, should have been pushing RVLP all the way, and with Knockeart, another striker, and maybe the czech winger arriving, then I reckon he has more chance of being shipped out than of making it with us.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I said ages ago he should go on loan to a L1 club, we may have missed the boat on that now though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
For me, we should have loaned him out until the end of the season. It's harsh to judge him on his performances so far, he hasn't had much gametime and the team he played in yesterday was filled with a bunch of strangers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To my eternal embarrassment, I said on here that Solly was not good enough at the start of the season, but that proved to be wrong, though he hardly showed that much promise earlier this season. But CH obviously knows more than I do, as he sees him in training every day, and the fact that he persevered with Solly, spoke volumes. Significantly, and by contrast, he has hardly used Manu at all, so that should tell us something.

To be fair a lot of people were questioning Solly, and the fact he was so lightweight. Definitely a confidence player and once he got his skates on there was no stopping him. A lot of us were pleasantly proved wrong. But when I see Manu, I just don't think he has the control, the skill or the brain to be in the same league as March. Which is sad.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

This is EXACTLY it.

I made exactly the same mistake of writing Solly off and am happy to have been proved seriously wrong. Hughton's faith in him was clearly deserved faith and hats off to CH for persevering with him.

By contrast Manu has had very little game time and it isn't as if this is simply because other players are keeping him out. We're desperate for a little more creativity and, more importantly, some goals right now. But when he gets his chance he does shit all with it.

I don't want to judge him just on yesterday of course. It's always going to be hard showing class in a patchwork team that's never played together before, but of all his sub appearances to date he's been largely anonymous.

He's still young, he may need time to adjust, he might not have been as fit as he could have been and it might just be he's in poor form and isn't getting the game time to turn that round. But also, it might just be that we've spunked good money on another Toko Nzuzi

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
If he can learn the off side rule then there might be hope...

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
No evidence so far to suggest that he's going to make it with us but I'd be very pleased to be proved wrong.

However, whether playing as a winger or striker, Knockaert's already going to be ahead of him in the pecking order as would (you'd imagine) any other striker we bring in during this window plus the returning Lua Lua (and Rosenior in an occasional wing role when fit) plus no more cup games to get a run out in I'm struggling to see when he's going to get another opportunity without proving Himself out on loan somewhere.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm sure I read on here a while back the Hewoughton didn't even want him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not seen enough of him over a series of games to really judge.

From the cameos I have seen, I'd have to say no. He seems to lack a footballing brain and his physical gifts aren't so exceptional as to make up for that shortcoming.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I thought he wasnt up to much when we signed him, admittedly based on the video clips. Nothing since has convinced me otheriwse.

We have a Duffer

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Let's face it - total duff signing . It happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here