Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
Does anyone know the latest on the big Germans injury? People seem to think Greer's return is imminent, but I've heard nothing about Uwe. I am all for having Greer and Goldson as our CB's for the next few weeks but i feel it'll be critical to have our two senior centre backs fit for our run in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am happy with our CB at the moment, yes even Dunk, as we will be covered when Greer returns but I must admit to being more concerned with the return of Bong when Ridgewell goes back across the pond, or hopefully just before he leaves.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am happy with our CB at the moment, yes even Dunk, as we will be covered when Greer returns but I must admit to being more concerned with the return of Bong when Ridgewell goes back across the pond, or hopefully just before he leaves.

I believe Bong is back at the beginning of Feb (the first game after Ridgewell's departure is the 20th) and Rosenior back at the end of Feb.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Who would have thought you were concerned about the LB situation

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
Am I right in thinking the loan window will still be open after Ridgewell's loan is up? If Bong isn't quite ready yet would we have the option to get in another LB short term?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I right in thinking the loan window will still be open after Ridgewell's loan is up? If Bong isn't quite ready yet would we have the option to get in another LB short term?

Yes it is but it was also when Bong got injured so I donee hold much hope of signing one during that time. In an ideal world we would replace Chicksen who obviously has no future with us but is this an ideal world?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Does anyone know the latest on the big Germans injury? People seem to think Greer's return is imminent, but I've heard nothing about Uwe. I am all for having Greer and Goldson as our CB's for the next few weeks but i feel it'll be critical to have our two senior centre backs fit for our run in.

I know that I read that he would be out for about 8 weeks, probably in the Argus. I can't remember when he went off injured now, but assume it must have been about 4 weeks ago? So, reckon on first week in Feb,same as Bong, all being well. In the meantime, three games against teams that on paper are not as strong, and it is possible that we may have other newcomers in this period, so it is a critical time for the club. Jan 30th is now free and this must be a good thing, surely. Another chance to rest those being asked to play continually, but with us then in Feb being back to virtual full strength, the opportunity for promotion is there. Will it be taken? . . .

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I am all for having Greer and Goldson as our CB's for the next few weeks but i feel it'll be critical to have our two senior centre backs fit for our run in.

You don't see Greer and Dunk as the senior partnership? They've been the preferred pairing when everyone has been fit.

I think you are correct btw, just not sure the gaffer sees it the same.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You don't see Greer and Dunk as the senior partnership? They've been the preferred pairing when everyone has been fit.

Talking to someone at the game yesterday who reckoned both centrebacks looked vulnerable.
"Not a pair" was his term.
Clearly Dunk plays more consistently with Greer to guide him but his dip in form and his rash actions (could easily have got a silly second yellow yesterday) have caused Hughton to express concern.
If Dunk keeps his place in Tuesday he will be a very fortunate young man IMO

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm happy with Greer and Goldson for now. If one of those was to be injured I'd rather see ridgewell move across than put Dunk in. We can't afford to throw away any more points to his stupid errors.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm happy with Greer and Goldson for now. If one of those was to be injured I'd rather see ridgewell move across than put Dunk in. We can't afford to throw away any more points to his stupid errors.

You're like a broken record.

Since we last won a game, against Charlton at the beginning of December, we've picked up 3 points from 6 games and gone out of the FA cup (a game we didn't score in, but he did give the penalty away in - although they had 20 shots to our 2-3 from the sounds of it...). We haven't scored in the last five. Dunk's errors have actually only cost us 1 point (against Ipswich) and we've gone out of the FA cup (having played a massively changed side anyway). Those of you who are picky will include Dunk's sending off at QPR, but it didn't lead to a goal - poor defending from Greer and then Bruno cost us goals in that game which is the reason we lost.

Take out Dunk's recent errors and we'd be in the same position in the league and a point better off.

Still, I like the look of Uwe - he's a good alternative option to have at CB if he can start to avoid injuries.

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016

I was more referring to overall age and experience. We need to remember that Uwe captained Paderborn in their promotion to the Bundesliga a couple of years ago, so this isn't totally new for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here