Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock glad to be back - now he targets goals [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sam Baldock intends to help put Albion back on the goal trail after returning from injury.
Baldock and Kazenga LuaLua both made much-awaited comebacks from injury as second-half substitutes in yesterday’s 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Hull City.
Meanwhile Richie Towell and on-loan defender Liam Ridgewell got through 90 minutes apiece on their debuts for the club.
Baldock, who limped off during the win over MK Dons in early November with a thigh problem, said: "It has been eight weeks or so but it has felt like a lot longer.
"It’s just pleasing to get the call and get as many minutes under my belt as I could.
"I have probably had two good weeks of training.
"That is one thing the manager was keen on, that I go into games knowing I’m fully fit and confident to kick on and play my natural game.
"I’ve been at every home game and listening to every away game knowing there is nothing I can do to influence it.
"I’ve just got to be one of the experienced voices in the changing room.
"I’ve been describing myself as head cheerleader for the last couple of months.
"I am back now and hoping to stay fit for the remainder."
He added: "We have put ourselves in a strong position.

"We have played everyone in the league so far and shown what we can do."There is no reason why we can’t replicate and improve on that in the second half.
"You are bringing myself back and Kaz back to the equation so hopefully we can provide goals.
"Richie has come over from Ireland and has a great pedigree of scoring over there.
"We are confident, given the chances, we can put the ball in the back of the net."
Baldock highlighted the value of yesterday's work out for Ridgewell and Towell, who completed successful seasons in the USA and Ireland respectively several weeks ago.
He said: "They have not played a match for nearly as long as me.
"Although they have been training for longer, match fitness and match sharpness are under-rated.
"It is hard to just go on a pitch and kick on from where you left off."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here