Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham...suddenly got the urge to go...

theboybilly

I don't know about PotG but the New York Stadium (for me) is a lovely little 'new build'. They've done a good job with a small capacity - nice steep stands and a decent atmosphere. Excellent views of the pitch and friendly stewards. As for the town itself there are three JW Wetherspoons in the town centre which is a 10 minute walk away. Closer to the Central railway station is The Bridge Inn which welcomes away fans and has a fine choice of ales apparently. I'm going up and staying overnight. It promises to be a good 'un

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
....is it POTG and is there much life in the town on a cold January night?

From the Ground guide. You would probably need to buy a ticket there for the away end.

The stadium has electronic turnstiles meaning that you have to insert your tickey into a reader to gain admission. Cash is not accepted at the turnstiles and tickets for the away section can be purchased from the dedicated away ticket office at the back of the Morrison Stand.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
From the Ground guide. You would probably need to buy a ticket there for the away end.

The stadium has electronic turnstiles meaning that you have to insert your tickey into a reader to gain admission. Cash is not accepted at the turnstiles and tickets for the away section can be purchased from the dedicated away ticket office at the back of the Morrison Stand.

But doesn't that suggest pay on the gate?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
When you suddenly get the urge to go.... take Immodium.

Seriously though... stay in Sheffield. When I was a student there, everyone from Rotherham came to Sheff for a big night out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But doesn't that suggest pay on the gate?

It wasn't meant to. It was advice for someone who wanted to go, if away fans can pay on the day. It's a large'ish away end holding 2,500, so I would be surprised if we couldn't buy tickets on the day.
To spell it out even further, it might be worth asking the club via Twitter or phone, tomorrow.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It wasn't meant to. It was advice for someone who wanted to go, if away fans can pay on the day. It's a large'ish away end holding 2,500, so I would be surprised if we couldn't buy tickets on the day.
To spell it out even further, it might be worth asking the club via Twitter or phone, tomorrow.

Would like to see their stadium in the flesh, looks a really nice build. Trouble is I can't drag my arse out anywhere north of the West Sussex borders at the weekend!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Ta everso..I'll give the club a buzz in the morning. It would seem the overnight stay should be Sheffield...hope to meet up with some other Blue and Whiters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ta everso..I'll give the club a buzz in the morning. It would seem the overnight stay should be Sheffield...hope to meet up with some other Blue and Whiters

I'm toying with the idea of going myself, so might well contact the club tomorrow too.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Rotherham was a cracking day out last year and we were shit. A Tuesday night in Sheffield this time around has the potential to be even better

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well you should be in luck when it comes to your last sentence, there are bound to be hundreds, nay thousands of blue and whiters there. They will be called Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here