Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Errors are costing us, admits Hughton after Cup defeat [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton admitted Albion are being hindered by individual errors after they slipped out of the FA Cup.
But he praised their defending for much of the 1-0 third-round defeat at Hull City.
Robert Snodgrass fired home a 42nd-minute penalty conceded by Lewis Dunk for a clumsy foul.
Hughton did not point the finger at Dunk but the Albion boss said: "At the minute individual errors are costing us.
"Apart from that we defended very well."
Hughton admitted: "I can’t say we deserved to win the game "We wanted to make it a tighter affair and we made some changes, the same as they did.
"The players who were left out have almost played every minute of every game this season.
"I think as regards team selection, I’ve got no problems with that.
"But I think we just didn't cause them enough problems.
"As the game opened up, their quality showed a little bit.
"We have got a lot of players who haven't played regularly and that showed.
"But I think in the periods in which we were in the game, we never made enough of the possession we had.
"They probably made a little bit more if it.
"We defended very, very well and had to.
"It has been a tight affair because it was decided by one penalty kick.
"If we are looking at clearcut chances, we probably had two – one in the first half and one right at the end.
"They threatened a lot, got balls in the box a lot but not probably what you would regard as clearcut chances.
"I'm disappointed we didn't threaten them enough and give ourselves more of an opportunity to win the game.
"But it was always going to be a tough one."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here