Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Hull v Brighton (FA Cup)

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Couldn't see another thread for this and thought I would do this even though half the players didn't look remotely as if they wanted to be there.

Maenpaa - 8 MOM - did everything he could to keep us in the game even though we didn't deserve to be
Ridgewell - 7 - looked fairly assured
Goldson - 6.5 - had a couple of shaky moments
Dunk - 5 - needs a rest
Calderon - 5 - Nothing of note
Chicksen - 5.5 - Showed a little endeavour but nowhere near enough
Ince - 6 - Seemed to have a good first half and faded badly
Holla - 4 - Anonymous
Crofts - 4 - Awful
Towell - 6 - some nice touches and at least buzzed around trying to make things happen
Manu - 3 - just :angry:

Baldock - 6 - only person who looked like scoring - good to see him back
Hemed - 6 - tried really hard to win the ball back from the front, had absolutely no help
KLL - 5.5 - great to see him back and get minutes

Not one of the players that started can consider themselves first choice when everyone is fit so really not worried about the result. A rested Kayal and Stephens will drive us forward again

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Maenpaa - 8

Calderon - 4
Goldson - 7
Dunk - 3
Ridgewell - 6
Chicksen - 3

Holla - 2
Ince - 4
Crofts - 6
Towell - 3

Manu - 0

LuaLua - 4
Baldock - 6
Hemed - 4

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey some of those marks are harsh. Manu 0? Dunk 3? Holla 2? If we'd been stuffed 6-0 I might understand it but surely they couldn't have been that bad.

Agree. They are ridiculous scores. We only lost 1-0 to one of the top teams in the division. Obviously not a great game or a great performance, but come on, be reasonable.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Blimey some of those marks are harsh. Manu 0? Dunk 3? Holla 2? If we'd been stuffed 6-0 I might understand it but surely they couldn't have been that bad.
We were battered. Back four and keeper were the only ones to come out with credit. The obligatory bit of madness from Lewis obviously as well. Hull also fielded a mainly fringe team but looked pacy throughout and seemed to be trying. If we had gone down by 3, that would have been a fairer reflection of the game

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We were battered. Back four and keeper were the only ones to come out with credit. The obligatory bit of madness from Lewis obviously as well. Hull also fielded a mainly fringe team but looked pacy throughout and seemed to be trying. If we had gone down by 3, that would have been a fairer reflection of the game

Hull's mainly fringe team had a midfield three that cost a total of £15 million.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hull's mainly fringe team had a midfield three that cost a total of £15 million.
That's fair. I think it is well documented that, certainly in common with Boro and Derby they have more strength in depth than us. I stand by my remarks though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For what it's worth...

Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Maenpaa 8.00 (96mins, 2 votes)

The Rest
Goldson 6.75 (96mins, 2 votes)
Ridgwell 6.50 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Baldock 6.00 (37mins, 2 votes)
Crofts 5.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Hemed 5.00 (18mins, 2 votes)
Ince 5.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Lualua 4.75 (31mins, 2 votes)
<Calderon 4.50 (65mins, 2 votes)
Towell 4.50 (96mins, 2 votes)
Chicksen 4.25 (96mins, 2 votes)
Dunk 4.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
<Holla 3.00 (59mins, 2 votes)
<Manu 1.50 (78mins, 2 votes)

Squad Average: 4.91

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Bit late but

Maenpaa 8 - kept us in it
Calde 5 - My favourite player, but does not look anywhere near this level anymore
Goldson 6 - solid enough, bar one big error
Dunk 4 - never looked comfortable, always a mistake in him. Needs a break
Ridgewell 6 - assured
Chicksen 5 - scared to do anything wrong, but did nothing
Crofts 6 - pick of midfield, but having played really well at CDM vs Ipswich dont know why hes been moved to the right
Ince 3 - Awful, dodgy in possession, positioning terrible and never looks like actually breaking up play
Holla 5 - Tidy in possession but never looked like making a tackle or even trying to make a tackle
Towell 5 - Clearly not in his best position
Manu 3 - lazy but isolated

Really concerned by Ince, shadow of the player from 2 years ago, defensively a liability and not good enough cover for Kayal or Stephens. Would prefer him further forward where he can play the style of Yaya Toure

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Maenpaa - 8

Calderon - 4
Goldson - 7
Dunk - 3
Ridgewell - 6
Chicksen - 3

Holla - 2
Ince - 4
Crofts - 6
Towell - 3

Manu - 0

LuaLua - 4
Baldock - 6
Hemed - 4

Sad indictment of where we now are, largely through no fault of our own. Not one of these starting eleven would have got anywhere near the side, earlier in the season. Some are palpably not good enough for Championship football, let alone the possibility of PL.
In a fully fit squad, our first 15-16 is good. Beyond that, we do not have a lot to offer.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sad indictment of where we now are, largely through no fault of our own. Not one of these starting eleven would have got anywhere near the side, earlier in the season. Some are palpably not good enough for Championship football, let alone the possibility of PL.
In a fully fit squad, our first 15-16 is good. Beyond that, we do not have a lot to offer.

Fair point. On a positive note however, look how much we have improved our squad since Dec 2014. I think that with a couple more similar quality signings and a change of luck with injuries, we can go up this season.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
For what it's worth...

Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Maenpaa 8.00 (96mins, 2 votes)

The Rest
Goldson 6.75 (96mins, 2 votes)
Ridgwell 6.50 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Baldock 6.00 (37mins, 2 votes)
Crofts 5.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Hemed 5.00 (18mins, 2 votes)
Ince 5.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
>Lualua 4.75 (31mins, 2 votes)
<Calderon 4.50 (65mins, 2 votes)
Towell 4.50 (96mins, 2 votes)
Chicksen 4.25 (96mins, 2 votes)
Dunk 4.00 (96mins, 2 votes)
<Holla 3.00 (59mins, 2 votes)
<Manu 1.50 (78mins, 2 votes)

Squad Average: 4.91

Have you got an average scores list for the season so far? Would be interesting to see.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you got an average scores list for the season so far? Would be interesting to see.

Up to and including this game:

Ratings 11.01.16.jpg

(the highlighted ones are the three highest in each column)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here