• Something else (please state)

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Before I unleash hell on earth upon some NSCers*, I'm curious as how people use NSC.

I am logged in all the time for example. On my laptop, on my iPhone and on my rarely used iPad - I'm perma-logged in. I never have to fill in my username and ridiculously long password (designed to stop people hacking my account and posting rude things) to access NSC - just open up a browser and I'm in.

However, at any given time NSC has approximately 1/3 of users logged in and 2/3 not logged in. What I don't know is how many of those 'guests' are registered users of NSC, but just happen to be not logged in.

So, are you always logged in, or do you only log in when you have something to contribute?

(* - different adverts for those not logged in)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Before I unleash hell on earth upon NSCers, I'm curious as how people use NSC.

I am logged in all the time for example. On my laptop, on my iPhone and on my rarely used iPad - I'm perma-logged in. I never have to fill in my username and ridiculously long password (designed to stop people hacking my account and posting rude things) to access NSC - just open up a browser and I'm in.

However, at any given time NSC has approximately 1/3 of users logged in and 2/3 not logged in. What I don't know is how many of those 'guests' are registered users of NSC, but just happen to be not logged in.

So, are you always logged in, or do you only log in when you have something to contribute? <poll en route>

Only when posting...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well ees complicated but.....

....until recently ALWAYS logged in but then updated Chrome and for some reason it won't perma log in and as it frustrates me to log in if the urge to post takes hold I now log in as soon as I start perusing.

However I also have tappatalk on my kindle HD and iPhone (and therefore ALWAYS logged in) so have the option to post there too but the viewing capabilities on tappatalk leave a lot to be desired so I only tend to use that method when out and about.

Think that covers everything! :)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Don't ever bother logging in whilst browsing at work (unless I really feel the need to contribute to something) and I'm guessing that's the case with a lot of other registered users too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Always logged in on home pc

Somehow NSC is blocked through WebSense in the office as "harmful and stealth" :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always logged in on personal kit, work laptop seems to always require me to log in however maybe a work type issue but rarely post when actually at work now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just leave it logged in. On the odd occasions where something switches everything right off and I have to log in again, it's a right bu88er trying to remember user name and password.

PS. Never logged in at work (though browsed sometimes) but retired now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Always logged in.

As an aside, I wonder how many users passwords are "seagulls" "albion" or "BHA"?

Or for the Palace amongst us "Eagles" or "Palace"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just leave it logged in. On the odd occasions where something switches everything right off and I have to log in again, it's a right bu88er trying to remember user name and password.

PS. Never logged in at work (though browsed sometimes) but retired now.

GT49er / seagulls

Hope this helps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always logged in.

As an aside, I wonder how many users passwords are "seagulls" "albion" or "BHA"?

Or for the Palace amongst us "Eagles" or "Palace"

There used to be a function where you could enter a plain text password and vBulletin would tell you people that had that as their password, but it doesn't exist any more.

Instead, all I can tell you is 34 people have their username as their password.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There used to be a function where you could enter a plain text password and vBulletin would tell you people that had that as their password, but it doesn't exist any more.

Instead, all I can tell you is 34 people have their username as their password.

If I had time I'd now try to impersonate people, but my guess is at least 5% of people on here have the password seagulls.

Did you know 20% of people have a PIN that is either 1234, 2468 or four of the same number! Unbelievable.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Always logged in! Well, almost always. My phone / iPad sometimes logs me out and I'm often lazy and don't log back in unless I feel like posting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here