Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon fire stick - remote alternatives

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Just wondering if any of you using a fire stick has any suggestions to an alternative for the standard remote? Im loving the stick but getting fed up with having to click the letters when searching or typing for example.

I have googled and found and installed the fire tv app on my iphone as i thought this would work with the stick but when launching the app it just cannot/will not find my stick. Does it work with the stick as im wondering if its only compatible with the fire tv. I have also tried amazons usual tech troubleshooting but when launching the app it just says 'searching for fire tv devices'

Any bright ideas or suggestions appreciated !

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Just wondering if any of you using a fire stick has any suggestions to an alternative for the standard remote? Im loving the stick but getting fed up with having to click the letters when searching or typing for example.

I have googled and found and installed the fire tv app on my iphone as i thought this would work with the stick but when launching the app it just cannot/will not find my stick. Does it work with the stick as im wondering if its only compatible with the fire tv. I have also tried amazons usual tech troubleshooting but when launching the app it just says 'searching for fire tv devices'

Living in Spain I'm reliant on internet boxes to watch UK TV. For the Raspberry Pi I use the XBMC remote downloaded app on smart phone, ensure IP address is paired and off you go. For the downstairs Droidbox that comes with a useless remote I use the Tecknet X331 mini keyboard remote. Easy to pair and available [via NSC link] from Amazon for £12.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the reply. Having downloaded the XBMC app and gone into the firestick to find the IP/mac address i stumbled across the setting to pair my stick to the official app. Its now working yay !!!!

One happy chappy I owe you an Estrella :bowdown:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

May be an obvious point but have you made sure your iPhone is on same network as your fire stick?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here