Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstrators in Cologne get the full treatment

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
How ironic, those protesting about events on New Years Eve get the full force of the law, water cannon used to disperse them after Firecrackers and bottles were thrown. So exactly what happened on NYE, minus the sexual assaults and thefts, for which the police did nothing. Glad they've got their priorities right !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35274105

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
How ironic, those protesting about events on New Years Eve get the full force of the law, water cannon used to disperse them after Firecrackers and bottles were thrown. So exactly what happened on NYE, minus the sexual assaults and thefts, for which the police did nothing. Glad they've got their priorities right !!

Amazing there was only 140 police on duty on new years eve. What on earth is going on in Western Europe, it is a joke!!!

Dec 29, 2011
Amazing there was only 140 police on duty on new years eve. What on earth is going on in Western Europe, it is a joke!!!

Unbelievable. Perhaps a resident German could let me know if the Germans celebrate NYE like we do but getting as drunk as humanly possible. Perhaps they're more cultured and stay home for a meal with friends and family?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

They have generally been more civilised and ive had Euros comment to me about the level of drink and violence in the UK, they are not used to it. That will change of course.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
The right wing in Germany will rise again.... maybe our chums in Leverkussen could enlighten us ???

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Interesting that it was the Arabs who were drunk, I thought alcohol was banned for Muslims. I'm sure the local Imams came down on the young men like a ton of bricks !!

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a fing joke, something is clearly not right.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The right wing in Germany will rise again.... maybe our chums in Leverkussen could enlighten us ???

It is so easy to come out with this, rather than accept that the idea of mass immigration is worrying. Don't regular polls show that this issue singularly worries the British public en masse more than anything else, yet there are still folk who prefer the usual labels such as wacist. Of course there are those on all sides who have no intention of being reasonable, but to warn against the risks of uncontrolled immigration, and to attend demonstrations against it, might just be an example of someone who is simply being realistic.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It is so easy to come out with this, rather than accept that the idea of mass immigration is worrying. Don't regular polls show that this issue singularly worries the British public en masse more than anything else, yet there are still folk who prefer the usual labels such as wacist. Of course there are those on all sides who have no intention of being reasonable, but to warn against the risks of uncontrolled immigration, and to attend demonstrations against it, might just be an example of someone who is simply being realistic.

Exactly, and let's not forget that people like Bob Crow, Dennis Skinner and even Jeremy Corbyn have long been against open unrestricted immigration due to its negative effect on the UK's labour market, not least for the low skilled and unskilled. That is working class, whose interests that the Labour Party is compelled to protect.

In this context open and free labour markets are a Tory wet dream, and why the Tories won't do much more about unfettered immigration than Labour.

These kinds of political nuances are unhelpful for the growing constituency of remedial virtue signallers.........where the essential argument is reduced to a left is good and right is bad dynamic.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I think we are out of the eu whatever Cameron can agree. The main preoccupation whenever the media go into shopping centres or pubs and ask the question about the eu referendum is...them bloody immigrants taking our jobs and houses and school places and hospital appointments and benefits....which may be right or wrong, but effectively the result is already a for gone conclusion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Surely unless you actively engage in sexual assault you're against it by default?

i'm not adverse to a bit of sexual assault but i'll be buggered if i can find anyone game enough......if , on the other hand , one of my daughters was ever subject to such an act , they would need to lock the perpetrator up.....i would inflict some severe damage on it.....no messing..!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think we are out of the eu whatever Cameron can agree. The main preoccupation whenever the media go into shopping centres or pubs and ask the question about the eu referendum is...them bloody immigrants taking our jobs and houses and school places and hospital appointments and benefits....which may be right or wrong, but effectively the result is already a for gone conclusion.

I hope you are correct and we do come out of the EU, but i will be very surprised if that is the case. The campaign to stay in will have a massive amount of financial backing and i reckon the airtime that they get will far outweigh the out campaign.
I also think you are being a bit narrow minded to think that the only reason people want out is the immigration issue, many think that the rules we have foisted on us by the EU, the cost daily to the EU, the waste of money, that we import twice as much as we export, are some not all of other concerns that some people have also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here