Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Towell verdict?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hard to analyse really after such a non-competitive performance but I'd say Ridgewell was the better of the two new players today. Towell looked off the pace and gave the ball away a few times, be better to judge them after Tuesday I think but on today's effort I think he'll struggle to break in to the side.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aspinall was suggesting he would not be a replacement for either Kayal or Stephens, as he'll play more advanced off a striker.

Maybe the 1 in a 4-2-1-3?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ridgewell is a big lad and looked solid, as stated jury out for Towell

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hard to analyse really after such a non-competitive performance but I'd say Ridgewell was the better of the two new players today. Towell looked off the pace and gave the ball away a few times, be better to judge them after Tuesday I think but on today's effort I think he'll struggle to break in to the side.

Not surprising verdict really....Towell has zero experience at this level and the side were on the back foot most of the game...positive surely has to be 90 minutes game time in a competitive game

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't think Hughton will be hanging him out to dry based on that 90 minutes.

As good as he could have been given the circumstances, judging by JC & WA.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
First game in a new league. Only an idiot would've made his mind up already...

I have to agree, you cant judge based on one performance, however, the lad himself needs to make the most of such opportunities if he wants to force his way into the team. That said he can always try and force himself into the team by showing what he is worth in training as well

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I thought he looked decent - couple of nice touches, and clearly is capable at this level. Was very let down by the service to him, particularly from Calderon and Crofts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here