Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Stewpot has died.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He did a recent show on Radio 2 on Christmas Day. Died aged 74.

[tweet]685866023946469378[/tweet]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RIP

We had his Christmas show on, seemed good fun and brought back memories for Mum and Dad.

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Ed.

One person from my childhood not in prison. First of all junior choice and then crackerjack

Totally forgot to put on his xmas show this year - first time for ages we have missed it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
From his autobiography describing when he collected his future wife on their first date. He was 34:

"I arrived (at her parents) at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning."

Paedophile.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Bloody hell that's another part of my childhood gone. Used to love listening to his Saturday show.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
He was on Radio Mercury for a while (the radio station for Crawley and Reigate in the 1980s and 1990s. His music knowledge and that of the presenter before him, Tony Myatt, was excellent, and I learnt quite a lot from them. Also a keen Everton fan. RIP.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So sad. Wonderful memories of him on the radio and television. A broadcasting great. I hope he played some Motorhead tunes on his radio show otherwise Lemmy might have something to say to him.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
ironic finding out today,didn' he do something before the Cup Final too

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
RIP Ed:angel:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not forgetting 'It's Friday, it's five to five, it's Crackerjack'.

I liked the thing he did in the 60s, forces family favourites or summat. Letters from Australia requesting a bit of Matt Monroe, etc.

But for me, Friday was:

"It's froiday, its foive a'clock, its CrakerrJaak!" (Eamon Andrews, innit).

RIP Stewpot.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I liked the thing he did in the 60s, forces family favourites or summat. Letters from Australia requesting a bit of Matt Monroe, etc.

But for me, Friday was:

"It's froiday, its foive a'clock, its CrakerrJaak!" (Eamon Andrews, innit).

RIP Stewpot.

I was a fan of Eamon too, but Stewpot was a good follow on. I met him at the base of Mount Snowdon, some years ago. He had been doing something for charity, but was happy to stop and chat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Ed... " no wheels on your wagon, and you ain't rolling along.. "

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From his autobiography describing when he collected his future wife on their first date. He was 34:

"I arrived (at her parents) at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning."

Paedophile.

All whilst presenting a kids show at the BBC. I'm just glad his 'Crackerjack pencil' came with a rubber...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here