Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Another boring consumer advice thread - your fitted kitchen experiences please

Our kitchen came with the house and is now well over 9 years old and looking very tired.

We want to put a new one in and welcome advice on who best to use? Homebase and B & Q seem to be the "big 2" but after rummaging on various forums B & Q don't seem to be rated very highly. Any thoughts and experiences to share from the wise heads of NSC, or anyone know a decent kitchen design/fitting company in the TN6 locality please?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We bought ours from Wren Kitchens 5 years ago, solid Oak, and top quality fittings. Got a local independent fitter to install it (recommended to me via The Henfield One on NSC), he was most impressed by the quality and did a cracking installation. Have recomened them, and him, to other friends who have been equally pleased with what they got, both quality and value.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Our kitchen came with the house and is now well over 9 years old and looking very tired.

We want to put a new one in and welcome advice on who best to use? Homebase and B & Q seem to be the "big 2" but after rummaging on various forums B & Q don't seem to be rated very highly. Any thoughts and experiences to share from the wise heads of NSC, or anyone know a decent kitchen design/fitting company in the TN6 locality please?

I've been looking at this too. I've been advised to avoid Homebase/B&Q/Wickes/Magent and go to http://www.diy-kitchens.com/?gclid=...jRr3VPEcE4ZQrLtpcAyyB666dfPHomerXYaAi8P8P8HAQ or ikea and get a local fitter.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
We recently used a national company called Dream Doors - I notice they have a branch in Wealden, TN31 - as well as complete refits they essentially do kitchen facelifts by replacing just your doors / drawer fronts. Good if you're on a budget, & if you're not you can always splash the cash on your worktops, taps, additional new units etc. (which they'll do for you, also).

They did a decent job for us but, obviously as with most companies, they're most attentive & diligent before they've got you & your cash (ie. this is not an unreserved recommendation!).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we used homebase and no complaints in 5 years. they sub-contract the actual fitting out to a local chap who we've called upon to do a couple of plumbing/adjustment jobs since.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Builder who did our extension (local, 60 years in the trade) recommended Magnet. No complaints at all - 5 years on all units, door fittings etc all in good shape.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had mine designed by one firm (small, independent) and fillted by some other guys (who turned out to be good at some things, and cowboys at others. Actually, cowboys at everything). Still, 14 years later, its all still good. I did splash out on Neff and Miele, though, for the cookers, fridge and washing machine (all working perfectly, still, nay bother).

I would recommend getting a good recommendation for local people, and aiming for the most high end stuff you can afford. But keep a close eye on the people doing the fitting . . . .

Much more recently, when I got the windows done, I researched companies on the internet, invited 4 to quote (which meant that all 4 payed me a visit, allowing me to check out the Brylcream and tan, and ability to look me in the eye). Then I went with the mid priced one, largely on the basis their kit looked best and their bullshit was the lowest in volume. Again, no regrets.

So.... do your own research, and get several quotes.

Good luck!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
We recently used a national company called Dream Doors - I notice they have a branch in Wealden, TN31 - as well as complete refits they essentially do kitchen facelifts by replacing just your doors / drawer fronts. Good if you're on a budget, & if you're not you can always splash the cash on your worktops, taps, additional new units etc. (which they'll do for you, also).

They did a decent job for us but, obviously as with most companies, they're most attentive & diligent before they've got you & your cash (ie. this is not an unreserved recommendation!).

Yeah, we used Dream Doors down our way for doors, worktops and a fancy gas hob, and though the result was okay, doubt I'd use them again.

Not cheap, but cheaper than a whole new kitchen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here