Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Apple to abandon the headphone jack?

What's wrong with the whole electronics industry developing a standard that would allow all bits of kit to connect up with all other bits of kit, regardless of who the manufacturer is?

The same argument applies to light bulbs.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Interesting read. I can see them doing it but it'd be a huge mistake. People use their headphones on other things; If you've paid £100 or more for a decent pair of headphones, you aren't going to want to buy (and therefore have to carry) another pair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Typical Apple.

Mind you, I use cordless bluetooth headphones these days, they're FANTASTIC. Would never go back to wires.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just another route for Apple to shackle its consumers base into overpriced tat. I remember reading a review of the Dre beats, or whatever they were, and how crap they were.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
What's wrong with the whole electronics industry developing a standard that would allow all bits of kit to connect up with all other bits of kit, regardless of who the manufacturer is?

Already done.

universal_converter_box.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting read. I can see them doing it but it'd be a huge mistake. People use their headphones on other things; If you've paid £100 or more for a decent pair of headphones, you aren't going to want to buy (and therefore have to carry) another pair.

You can guarantee that there would be 3.5mm > Lightning adaptors.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Apple are such jokers, so say they do this and people say its fine because there will be an adaptor you have to buy and then carry around with you as well, such a backwards step

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Probably with give it a miss if that were the case.

I get each one pretty much but only because of u[grades rather than being some form of teccie.

I use mine mainly for listening to music at work and at the gym. I also lose/forget things a lot. At the moment I can pop to smiths and get a cheap pair of headphones if I forget mine, I doubt an adapter or replacement headphones would be as cheap

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here