Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cancelled Season Tickets

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I have supported the Albion for 40 years and I have held at least two season tickets since 1984, with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham. I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7. I had hoped, over the years for my children to attend more and more matches but alas they are not keen. I upgrade my sons tickets when they do not attend and bring guest, some of whom have since become Albion fans. However, this season the club have limited me to 7 upgrades per season and this is a problem as I cannot now use my sons tickets when they do not attend. I approached the club to reconsider this position. I tried to explain to my predicament and they refused to help.In the end I was left with no choice other than to cancel all the tickets and now have the club threatening to take me to court. A sorry tale and I now no longer attend matches and in light of my treatment as a point of principle I will never go again. This is another example of the club being a cumbersome corporate entity with no regard for their real fans and I know other feel like this, if you feel this way too I strongly recommend you let the club know.It is a shame as if we go up and the club find themselves at the wrong end of the table with dwindling crowds, I would have be one of he ones to stick with them; I wonder how many of the new Amex fans would do this?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pulls up a chair......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have supported the Albion for 40 years and I have held at least two season tickets since 1984, with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham. I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7. I had hoped, over the years for my children to attend more and more matches but alas they are not keen. I upgrade my sons tickets when they do not attend and bring guest, some of whom have since become Albion fans. However, this season the club have limited me to 7 upgrades per season and this is a problem as I cannot now use my sons tickets when they do not attend. I approached the club to reconsider this position. I tried to explain to my predicament and they refused to help.In the end I was left with no choice other than to cancel all the tickets and now have the club threatening to take me to court. A sorry tale and I now no longer attend matches and in light of my treatment as a point of principle I will never go again. This is another example of the club being a cumbersome corporate entity with no regard for their real fans and I know other feel like this, if you feel this way too I strongly recommend you let the club know.It is a shame as if we go up and the club find themselves at the wrong end of the table with dwindling crowds, I would have be one of he ones to stick with them; I wonder how many of the new Amex fans would do this?

What are they taking you to court for?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
But you didn't stick with us at Gillingham? This has been done to death. If you have already upgraded 7times by xmas you should have the correct age band, not buy a cheap ticket and choose when to upgrade. Club are right imo

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

If your kids "aren't keen", why buy them season tickets in the first place?

If the club have chosen to limit the number of ST upgrades per season, why do you believe that you should be exempt from that?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
But you didn't stick with us at Gillingham? This has been done to death. If you have already upgraded 7times by xmas you should have the correct age band, not buy a cheap ticket and choose when to upgrade. Club are right imo

This. Your situation is genuine and I feel sympathy for that. However, you must see it from the clubs point of view, if you could upgrade whenever you want then all of us could just buy a cheap kids season ticket thus making it cheaper for games missed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's absolutely no reason to read beyond:-

I have supported the Albion for 40 years and I have held at least two season tickets since 1984, with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham. I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7

Or to put it another way:-

'I don't like a club policy, so to justify why I should be treated differently to everyone else, I will begin with just how fookin great I am ...'

followed by blah blah blah, and probably not all the whole truth.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All the lickers believing the club can do no wrong whilst showing little sympathy for a fellow supporter shows just how far we have come since the Amex I guess.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
This is another example of the club being a cumbersome corporate entity with no regard for their real fans and I know other feel like this, if you feel this way too I strongly recommend you let the club know.

If any other fans feel this way (about any issue) then I actually recommend that they email Paul Barber. Not only is he a massively fair man, but he understands more than most the 'real fan/corporate monster' arguments and above all, he is somebody who can make things happen. If he feels there has been an injustice he like look to redress the issue.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the lickers believing the club can do no wrong whilst showing little sympathy for a fellow supporter shows just how far we have come since the Amex I guess.

In this instance the 'lickers' are right though. I can only attend evening games so maybe I should buy a kids season ticket and just upgrade it for the evening games - it would save a fortune.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he feels there has been an injustice he like look to redress the issue.

Does he? He normally just sends a lengthy email either justifying his decision, or explaining football is difficult and like no other business when there is a **** up. I'd like to see some evidence of listening and acting.

As an aside I think the club are right with the 7 game limit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So the club are threatening to take you to court.

Let me guess...

You didn't actually cancel your season tickets, but instead just cancelled your direct debit with the bank.

If this is the case, you haven't cancelled , you still have an agreement, and still owe the money !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does he? He normally just sends a lengthy email either justifying his decision, or explaining football is difficult and like no other business when there is a **** up. I'd like to see some evidence of listening and acting.

As an aside I think the club are right with the 7 game limit.

On your second paragraph, yes I agree too, It wasn't so many years ago that a season ticket was totally non transferable. It had to be used by the person it was bought for. End of.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In this instance the 'lickers' are right though. I can only attend evening games so maybe I should buy a kids season ticket and just upgrade it for the evening games - it would save a fortune.

Indeed, I only go to abut 5 games a season due to living abroad, I sell the others. I could easily just buy a kids ticket so save some pennies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On your second paragraph, yes I agree too, It wasn't so many years ago that a season ticket was totally non transferable. It had to be used by the person it was bought for. End of.

True. On reflection 7 upgrades actually seems quite generous and flexible.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So the club are threatening to take you to court.

Let me guess...

You didn't actually cancel your season tickets, but instead just cancelled your direct debit with the bank.

If this is the case, you haven't cancelled , you still have an agreement, and still owe the money !

This.

When you bought your season tickets, you accepted the terms & conditions.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Whilst I am sure that you basically love the Albion, you do not make an overwhelming case for being a loyal fan, and that also clearly applies to your sons, though one accepts that children do have other pursuits. But surely this is hardly the club's problem. They have shown flexibility to accommodate fans in your situation, with the " 7 rule" but there must be limits. It is quite clear that the system is being abused, as will always happen when money is involved, and though you may feel that your case is genuine, the club is also entitled to make a stand. You do not say, significantly, why the club is taking you to court - presumably because you have withheld cash owed, as per the T&Cs.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We are one of very few clubs in this division that allow upgrades at all. Some of the others limit it to 4 so 7 upgrades is quite generous. If after half a season youve used 7 upgrades then the option is there to upgrade the rest of the season to a full adult ticket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here