Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno urges Albion to examine where they can improve [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Bruno has urged Albion’s players to think carefully about how they can help their team get back on track.
And the vastly experienced right-back has put himself right at the top of that list.
The stand-in skipper admits he has been going home pretty miserable after recent home games.
He has spoken candidly after the two most recent disappointments, against Ipswich and Wolves.
And, though he felt Albion were better against the Midlanders than they were versus the Tractor Boys, the message has been similar.
He told The Argus: “I go home from the game feeling bad because we are in a bad dynamic.
“Whenever that happens you think about what you can change and what you can bring to the group.
“The most important thing is that every player analyses what he is doing and what he can do better.
“As soon as they get home, they should already be thinking about how they can improve.
“That is what I’ve been doing. I can improve a lot of things. There are small details on the pitch.
“You need to look if you got something wrong – a header, a cross, a shot, small details.
“Now is the time to think about things.”
Bruno is keen to keep perspective about the run which took Albion to top spot and their current series of six outings without a win.
But he admits, in the aftermath of victory or defeat, it all seems black and white.
He said: “When you lose the feeling is you played badly.
“But, if you analyse the Ipswich match, they didn’t have a lot of chances.
“We had a lot of the ball in the last quarter of the pitch and didn’t create enough.
“So it’s a bit positive, a bit negative. Four games without scoring is a problem.
“In the last three games we have only conceded two goals – and look at how we conceded. I suppose that is a positive part.”
Equally, Bruno admits Albion did not always excel during their unbeaten spell.
He said: “We drew a lot of games in which we were winning.
“The run had its positives in that we were always in there fighting right up until the last minute.
“The negative is we lost concentration late on in some games, like Derby when they equalised in the last minutes. Also at QPR.
“But then at Leeds we scored in the last minute. We came back from 2-0 down against Charlton. There was a bit of everything.
4597548.jpg

Bruno in action during the defeat by Wolves
“The teams at the top have all had their bad times.
“We are no different. We will have our bad times. We are not in form, we have had injuries at the same time. The job is to get out of that dynamic.”
Albion’s invincible run between late April and mid-December broke records both within the club and the Championship.
But Bruno now has a personal best of his own with 25 successive league starts in a season.
That beats runs of 23 and 22 he enjoyed with Almeria in 2007-08 and 2008-09 respectively and 22 with Lleida in 2004-05.

At 35, he has a strict regime to keep him in the best shape of his life.One secret ingredient is a serving of manuka honey in the morning to keep bugs and colds away.
Rather better known is his admiration for how Albion have built and maintained their training ground.
It is more than a year since The Argus first reported the Catalan’s appreciation of the new base in Lancing.
Slightly unfortunately, he picked up a niggle soon afterwards and missed a batch of games.
But he has not missed a game through injury since November 8, 2014.
The Spanish refer to a club’s training ground as the “sports city” and, unlike the previous set-up, that now seems appropriate.
He said: “With the training ground always being open maybe when we have a day off I can go in and do some recovery work.
“I think that’s the best for me.
“The ice baths, the pitches, everything are very good. Lots of things add up.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here