Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Morpeth Coincidence?!?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So there I was earlier today buying my wife an 'eternity' ring; in a small yet well established independent jewellers in Morpeth, nestled in deepest darkest Northumberland, whilst sporting my Albion beanie hat with pride - from which my God like locks fall like roaring waterfall of fey Rock Gods... alas I digress... ahem... when the jeweller proclaimed, in a rather strange, if not detached tone: "you're the second Brighton fan we've had in here today..." allegedly he had the scarf with which to match my hat... cue strange tingly string music, with an eerily building cello quartet climaxing with sinister choral chanting...

Why tell you this?

Why indeed, why indeed...

Kosh

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
cool-story-bro.jpg

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I enjoyed reading that. You remind me of how Robert Jordan describes and explains his characters. That man could spend 3 pages describing somebodies jumper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you sure it was Morpeth and not Royston Vasey?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So there I was earlier today buying my wife an 'eternity' ring; in a small yet well established independent jewellers in Morpeth, nestled in deepest darkest Northumberland, whilst sporting my Albion beanie hat with pride - from which my God like locks fall like roaring waterfall of fey Rock Gods... alas I digress... ahem... when the jeweller proclaimed, in a rather strange, if not detached tone: "you're the second Brighton fan we've had in here today..." allegedly he had the scarf with which to match my hat... cue strange tingly string music, with an eerily building cello quartet climaxing with sinister choral chanting...

Why tell you this?

Kosh

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore." :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I accept your patronisation of my 'cool story' in the manner it was intended.

I love it.

You're a Gentleman Kosh.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore." :)

More unbelievers... Poe Poe me all thee like, in the end the truth will conquer the hoards of hearsay, conjecture to emerge triumphant, unto the ends of the earth...

I'll get me cloak...

Last edited:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Why tell you this?

Kosh

Despite some sarcastic responses....I actually think that is a cool story!

What are the chances of that in some middle of nowhere northern town!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The X-Files are back on TV later on this month.

I think that story is WELL worth Mulder & Scully looking into :)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Always a joy to read your weired & sometimes wonderful musings from our Geordie who adopted our club when we were crap! Who needs an eternity ring when you can wear your beanie cap forever!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We need to track down this mysterious second Brighton fan purchasing precious stones in a northern town. If too many of us are caught doing it, they'll be convinced we really are all soft darn sarf.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
First time I heard of Morpeth was when a school mate moved there in the early 70's. Maybe one of you is him?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Well I enjoyed it [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION]. It had drama, intrigue and gravitas.

As an aside, The Morpeth Coincidence sounds like the title of an Ealing comedy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope your beanie hat was not covering a bald pate. Flowing locks or pony tails from a bald crown is just wrong :wink:

Also if you chose the eternity ring without your wife's input you are a braver man than me!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Despite some sarcastic responses....I actually think that is a cool story!

What are the chances of that in some middle of nowhere northern town!

I'd say too low for zero! Thanks btw... Oh and I was right, when I told the cryptic Jewell seller, we'd loose.

Ten kinds of hull on hell...

Hang on...

Balls.

Kosh

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here