Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allez Eastleigh!

el punal

Tomorrow, in my neck of the woods, Eastleigh take on Bolton in the cup. This has got the makings of being a giant banana skin for Notlob bearing in mind their predicament both on and off the pitch. Eastleigh are doing pretty well in the Conference (or whatever it's called now) and are now 4th.

A couple of other points, firstly the match is a sell out with a capacity crowd of 5,000 expected. Secondly, Southampton are playing Cr***** P***** at St.Mary's at the same time. I'm surprised that both fixtures are allowed to take place simultaneously.

Hopefully, Eastleigh will win and we do the business at Hull, and then maybe, with a lot of wishful thinking, the Albion will be drawn away to Eastleigh in the 4th round. Just up the road for me and not having to use Southern's apology of a train service for a change!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another 'local' here.

There was a tat merchant outside the Swan Centre at lunchtime, selling half and half scarves for this game! :ascarf::ascarf:

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Chance of a cup shock here........Bolton might win.

Just putting the finishing touches to my tin foil FA Cup before i get ready for an early start tomorrow. What's the chances of this being on with heavy rain forecast down there ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Just putting the finishing touches to my tin foil FA Cup before i get ready for an early start tomorrow. What's the chances of this being on with heavy rain forecast down there ?
Very high. Rain for most of the day I'm afraid.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Another 'local' here.

There was a tat merchant outside the Swan Centre at lunchtime, selling half and half scarves for this game! :ascarf::ascarf:

I really don't get the appeal of a half and half scarf. Surely you would go along to the game to support one team. Possibly you would go as a neutral and support neither. How could you possibly support both?! There should be a life ban for any moron who wears one of these monstrosities.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is there another Stadium in the British Isles that has such good transport links? All within a short walk?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is there another Stadium in the British Isles that has such good transport links? All within a short walk?

Eh? parking is very limited, granted its close to the motorway, but not sure why you'd WALK to that! Parkway train station is half a mile away, but not by any safe walking route.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It's stopped now, for what feels like the first time in a week.

el punal

Eh? parking is very limited, granted its close to the motorway, but not sure why you'd WALK to that! Parkway train station is half a mile away, but not by any safe walking route.

There is, I believe a designated footpath(!) that goes from Southampton Road, close to Airport/Parkway station across the fields by Lakeside Railway site to Stoneham Lane, near to the Concorde Club.

If you're local I think you'll know where I mean. If not - just bring your wellies! :smile:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is, I believe a designated footpath(!) that goes from Southampton Road, close to Airport/Parkway station across the fields by Lakeside Railway site to Stoneham Lane, near to the Concorde Club.

If you're local I think you'll know where I mean. If not - just bring your wellies! :smile:

Those fields are impassable right now I'd think.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

That's nitpicking, and you forgot the fly in option. The motorway option is taken care of by the Uni site next door and the multistory station and airport parking.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I really don't get the appeal of a half and half scarf. Surely you would go along to the game to support one team. Possibly you would go as a neutral and support neither. How could you possibly support both?! There should be a life ban for any moron who wears one of these monstrosities.

Possibly the only justification is if you are a non league team playing someone like Barcelona and you want a keepsake of the occasion

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

That's nitpicking, and you forgot the fly in option. The motorway option is taken care of by the Uni site next door and the multistory station and airport parking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here