Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to MkDons...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon they will sign him at the end of the season.

Make sure we get a high sell on clause, Tony.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Good move for him, hopefully will get a decent number of games and up his ability/transfer value!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good move for him, hope he does well. In the right formation he is a great player, but doesn't fit into our team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good move for ALL parties, including the Albion.

Still a valuable asset, either as a player, or financially if we don't have a role for him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
why don't we just sell him now then, I don't see the logic as surely his value goes down after the loan period ends as his contract is that much shorter or am I missing the point.
Either the albion or JFC want to keep options open for now ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And Holla? What would you do to him?
No one will take Holla on his wages, so for now a loan out, or pay him some cash to leave, are the only options.

Sadly he won't make it at the albion.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
why don't we just sell him now then, I don't see the logic as surely his value goes down after the loan period ends as his contract is that much shorter or am I missing the point.

Money.

They contribute to his wages, so we don't have to :)

They get a player who they rate for a minimal cost (wages).

Plus they are in a relegation scrap at the moment. So they have to be a bit cautious with money and wages as they might be in L1 next season. And from JFCs point of view, if he has a good half season with them AND they do go down, I should think he'll fancy his chances getting a transfer to a Championship club.

I'm a bit sad about this as I think he is a very technical player who in the next few years could be a hit with the right team, possibly in the premier league.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
No one will take Holla on his wages, so for now a loan out, or pay him some cash to leave, are the only options.

Sadly he won't make it at the albion.

If we pay him off, we would have to pay up his contract anyway so not a logical option. Doubt he would accept "some cash".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Money.

They contribute to his wages, so we don't have to :)

They get a player who they rate for a minimal cost (wages).

Plus they are in a relegation scrap at the moment. So they have to be a bit cautious with money and wages as they might be in L1 next season. And from JFCs point of view, if he has a good half season with them AND they do go down, I should think he'll fancy his chances getting a transfer to a Championship club.

I'm a bit sad about this as I think he is a very technical player who in the next few years could be a hit with the right team, possibly in the premier league.

That makes sense, if I had my thinking head on I would not have asked. I do agree with you though we should keep hold if we can, but if we go up (if) he would not make into a first team in the Premiership.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we pay him off, we would have to pay up his contract anyway so not a logical option. Doubt he would accept "some cash".
Well you never know. If he can line up a good move elsewhere then half of his 18 month remaining contract may be tempting.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hope he has a good run of games and gets the chance to be the player he wanted to be. I wouldn't say it's the end of him with us just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here