Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laurie Anderson named guest director of Brighton Festival 2016

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
......... another load of emperor's new clothes tosh coming our way.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
from wikipedia :

She performed in New York during the 1970s. One of her most-cited performances, Duets on Ice, which she conducted in New York and other cities around the world, involved her playing the violin along with a recording while wearing ice skates with the blades frozen into a block of ice; the performance ended only when the ice had melted away.

I call BULLSHIT

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
from wikipedia :

She performed in New York during the 1970s. One of her most-cited performances, Duets on Ice, which she conducted in New York and other cities around the world, involved her playing the violin along with a recording while wearing ice skates with the blades frozen into a block of ice; the performance ended only when the ice had melted away.

I call BULLSHIT

Selective. if you quoted her whole, extensive, Wiki entry it would show that she's a highly qualified and interesting choice.

Lou Reed's missus to boot.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
......... another load of emperor's new clothes tosh coming our way.

.............. or for those a little more broad-minded, this could lead to something very interesting. I've always liked her.

If you don't like what's being put on, you don't bother to go.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Those who can, do; those who can't, carp

I applied for an Arts Council grant for my challenging piece about pollution and the destruction of the rain forests but they weren't forthcoming.

It involved the last few bars of 'Feed Me With Your Kiss' played at double speed, shifted down a tone in reverse whilst a tribe of pygmies pulled pieces of nylon thread through polystyrene cups with somebody turning the lights on and off intermittently.

They said they would only fund it if Lou Reed had stuck his dick in me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I applied for an Arts Council grant for my challenging piece about pollution and the destruction of the rain forests but they weren't forthcoming.

It involved the last few bars of 'Feed Me With Your Kiss' played at double speed, shifted down a tone in reverse whilst a tribe of pygmies pulled pieces of nylon thread through polystyrene cups with somebody turning the lights on and off intermittently.

They said they would only fund it if Lou Reed had stuck his dick in me.

I'm sorry but we on the AC thought that your submission lacked guile and imagination, particularly as that was the 5th year running that pygmies, nylon thread and polystyrene cups all featured in your entry......

btw, talking of entries, fwiw, Mr Reed cast the deciding vote.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
personally I think Disco Pete would have been a better choice

Kellie

Aug 11, 2014
She only got the GIG because I turned it DOWN. i wanted to sit BIG Hilda on TOP of the i360 NAKED and let it TWIRL around whilst she SUNG 'Where is the 1983 FA Cup Final CASH' but they said it wasn't ARTISTIC enough

That's the best place for the bitch, she'd sit quite low on it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When Bowie and Gabriel do your stuff, you are an inspired choice for Brighton for a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here