Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert urged to turn it on after signing for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION new boy Anthony Knockaert has been urged to go out and enjoy himself in the “crazy” world of the Championship.
The French wideman signed a three-and-a-half year deal, then revealed his new boss Chris Hughton’s advice to him as the Seagulls plot a promotion charge.
Knockaert provided flair on the flank as Leicester City won the Championship title in style two seasons ago.

Hughton wants him to do the same for Albion.
Knockaert, 24, revealed: “He said to me that it would simple for me to understand and the formation was the same as when I was at Leicester.
“He told me just to go out on to the pitch and enjoy the football.
“I will concentrate well and give everything to this club.
“I think I am a one-v-one player. I like the one-v-one situations and I like to dribble. This is my first quality and I think I can work a lot for the team.
“These are my two best qualities for the team and I think I can bring a lot. I will try to bring everything to Brighton and try to be part of the team and what they want to watch.
“I will give my best for the club and the fans.”
Albion have paid in the region of £2 million for the Standard Liege player.
Knockaert suffered play-off semi-final heartbreak with Leicester in 2012-13 but he bounced back to help them win the division a year later and believes Albion have the ability to go up.
He said: “If I remember what happened at Leicester, we worked very hard and every game was like a final for us.
“This is how we approached things on the pitch and we gave everything in every game.
“This is the key if you want to go up into the Championship.
“You have to give everything in every game and I think that here we have the quality to go up and to do the job of getting promotion.”
Knockaert could make his debut at Rotherham on Tuesday providing international clearance comes through in time.
It is part of a hectic week up north for the Seagulls but Knockaert was keen to return to the Championship and relishes a busy schedule.
He said: “Of course it’s crazy because you play every three days and that’s what I like, playing football.
“When you play football every three days, it’s something special and I’m very happy to be back and I’m excited now to meet the new fans and I hope everything goes well.
“Leicester has been the best moment of my career at the moment. I am still young so I have got some more to come.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here