Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Double FA Cup fitness boost for Albion as LuaLua and Baldock return [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion have been boosted by the return to contention of long-term injury victims Kazenga LuaLua and Sam Baldock.
Manager Chris Hughton has confirmed the left-winger and striker are available for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Hull.
Hughton said: "Kazenga and Sam will both be involved at the weekend. It would nice to see them play some part of the game but they are both ready, which is a big plus for us."
The explosive LuaLua has missed 17 games since sustaining groin damage in training which eventually required surgery following the 0-0 draw at Wolves in mid-September.
Hughton told The Argus: "I think he's been a big miss, simply because of the type of player he is.
"That is no detriment to anyone else. Jamie Murphy has done great for us. He stretches the play, has been involved in assists, but Kazenga is a particular type of player.
"He was scoring goals. He won League player of the month, so it was a real disappointment to go from that to a period of injury."
Baldock, who forged an effective partnership with Tomer Hemed, has sat out nine games after suffering a thigh injury against his old club MK Dons at the Amex in early November.
Hughton said: "I would think Tomer has missed him. They had built up a partnership. We are very hopeful of seeing Sam back at his level maybe quicker than Kazenga. He's been out for a shorter period of time. He's been doing a lot of good work in the last few weeks and he'll be involved."
Captain Gordon Greer, out since Boxing Day with a hamstring injury, is likely to be saved for Tuesday's return to League action at Rotherham.
Hughton said: "He's touch and go for Saturday. I'm reasonably sure that he will be fit and available for Tuesday. That will be the decision, whether to take that slight chance."
Recent signings Richie Towell and Liam Ridgewell are expected to make their debuts in the third round clash at the KC Stadium.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here