Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 worst players of the Amex era

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Prompted by something said on the Gardner thread - what are peoples 5 worst players of the Amex era?

Rules - List in order of shiteness (1 most 5 least), first team players only and NO current squad players (as if you would....)

Mine;

1 - Leon Best
2 - Gary Gardner
3 - Ryan Harley
4 - Jon Obika
5 - Keith Andrews

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Andrews is v harsh - he was OK. You seem to have missed Billy Paynter off the list! I'm sure there are others I've probably forgotten about...

Oct 25, 2003
1-4 are all great candidates but I think you're being harsh on Andrews who was a pretty effective (if incredibly boring) defensive midfielder

i'll have a think and come up with my 5

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Buckley, Best, Obika, Chickson and Harley

Buckley..?! We're all allowed opinions, of course, but in this instance yours is incredibly wrong :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Andrews is v harsh - he was OK. You seem to have missed Billy Paynter off the list! I'm sure there are others I've probably forgotten about...

I'd take off Keith Andrews from the opening list and replace with Billy Paynter then we are probably there or thereabouts.

Great minds :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. Leon Best
2. Jon Obika
3. David Rodrigues
4. David Gonzales
5. Gary Gardner

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The worst I've seen is Shamir Fenelon by a distance. Looked so off the pace and ability level required for professional football. Not his fault though - a Burke-Hyypia blunder.

Oct 25, 2003
-Leon Best
-Ryan Harley
-Billy Paynter
-Gary Gardner
-Kemy Agustein

we've then had a series of underwhelming products from the development squad like chicksen, adgestien, rogers, fenelon, barker to name a few but that was more to do with the gap between developmental and championship football being a bit too large rather than the other five who were just shit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does Kemy count? Considering he didn't actually play that much?

I know he must have 'played' other times, but the only time I can recall, was a third round FA Cup win over Reading. He actually played OKAY.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
1. Paynter
2. Obika
3. Best
4. Rodriguez..
5.Lita
6.Fenelon
7. Dobbie

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
How anyone can even consider Keith Andrews is beyond me. Was never gonna be a player which got everyone off their seat but did his job in a successful side. And he scored a couple of goals if I'm not mistaken. And Buckley?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here