Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Deagostini Magazine Adverts

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does anyone actually fall for that shit?

Currently advertising a build your own scale model Ford Mustang in weekly parts. First issue only £1.99

The remaining 99 issues however are £8.99, so not only will it take the best part of 2 years to build the entire model, it will cost a mind boggling £892

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I remember when I was younger and really wanted one which was a spitfire I think.

My old man had a bit of a grump but bought me the first magazine. Within about 5 minutes I had flicked through all the gumpf and just had a propeller sat on my desk.

He looked and me and said 'So, you want that there for a week or should we go and get you a bloody airfix kit and build the whole thing?'

Never been interested in them since surprisingly

SAC

May 21, 2014

Currently advertising a build your own scale model Ford Mustang in weekly parts. First issue only £1.99

The remaining 99 issues however are £8.99, so not only will it take the best part of 2 years to build the entire model, it will cost a mind boggling £892

Yes. I used to do some printing for a part-works company, although not DeAgostini, and the print quantities for the first issue were staggeringly high.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Similarly, time to sp@nk about £200 filling this little beggar.

CDLr76AW8AEqhLV.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Thanks for that Pasty, a bit late now.
Have just finished building the final piece of my Withdean model, only to find the Amex exists :tantrum::)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here