Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2016

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Went to Into the Blue Shoreham Beach again last night. Has to be by far the best seafood restaurant in Sussex. Superb food, friendly staff, reasonable prices ... a very nice place to eat.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Went to Into the Blue Shoreham Beach again last night. Has to be by far the best seafood restaurant in Sussex. Superb food, friendly staff, reasonable prices ... a very nice place to eat.

Interesting- we were there too last night!!!!!! You're not my Mrs are you?!?!?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Popped into Worthing's Fiordilatte a couple of days ago and the pizza was as fantastic as ever.

I'm always amazed to see so many people walking past en route to Pizza Express when there are a few excellent and authentic independents pretty much next door.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Popped into Worthing's Fiordilatte a couple of days ago and the pizza was as fantastic as ever.

I'm always amazed to see so many people walking past en route to Pizza Express when there are a few excellent and authentic independents pretty much next door.

With a name like that, I would expect them to serve a smorgasbord, not pizza.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I went in there last week while making sure I got every bit of value out of Amex Shop Small and sat by the window on the alley down to Pizza Express and agree. So many look in and keep walking and it's a shame.

Excellent place and good VFM

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he was really ambitious, and some of the dishes worked extremely well, although some didn't. I really like the no-option menu, because they can concentrate on the dishes more intently. What worked for you?

In general I thought it worked fine with no clangers. Here's the menu

Blue Cheese Mousse, Pickled Walnuts & Pear

*Scallops, Pork Belly, January King, Kohlrabi & Chestnut

Crispy Lamb Belly, Parsley Root & Coriander

*Venison, Beetroot Ketchup & Shoots

Mulled Cider Sorbet

*Caramelised Apple, Oat Clusters & Cinnamon Ice Cream

The blue cheese mousse and venison were my favourites; the latter was 2 ways with a tender piece of rump and a fried terrine. Scallops and pork belly will always win me over. Possibly the scallops were slightly over-cooked but I'm being picky.

The wine kicked off with an English sparkling aperitif and pairing followed which was a very interesting tour of Sussex and Kent vineyards with a lot of detail and history (and questions from us.)

The obvious comparisons are The Set and 64 Degrees. I think The Set tries a bit too hard, and tries to be witty, and misses the mark a few times. 64 Degrees is a bit clumsy at times. Isaac strikes a very assured and confident balance between these two imho.

We spoke at length with the sommelier.
1) The average age of all the staff was 23. They're a very very tight team and mainly local.
2) Early next year they're all going to Noma....*******s :smile:
3) They were all fun, enthusiastic and really nice young people.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting- we were there too last night!!!!!! You're not my Mrs are you?!?!?

No, I don't think I'm Mrs Worthingite!! Got blown into the place at about 7.30 with an incredible gale raging outside, then 2 hrs later when we left it was a calm clear night. Thought I'd been in a time warp! Garlic prawns to start (fantastic) and then I indulged myself with the Dover Sole - amazing!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No, I don't think I'm Mrs Worthingite!! Got blown into the place at about 7.30 with an incredible gale raging outside, then 2 hrs later when we left it was a calm clear night. Thought I'd been in a time warp! Garlic prawns to start (fantastic) and then I indulged myself with the Dover Sole - amazing!

Aha!!! We got there about the same time, garlic prawns x2 (agreed!!), then we both had the mussels which were outstanding. Incredible value, as that plus 4 drinks came in at £45. Incredible scenes

Jul 7, 2003

Totally agree with this. Much better pizza and also much cheaper - even allowing for the discounts available at PE. The gelato is also very good if you want a dessert. Some might be put off as the menu is quite short compared to the dozens of pizzas on offer at PE.

The only issue at Fiordelatte is that the service can be occasionally hit and miss. He does seem to get through staff there and always seems to have at least one trainee working. We were there the other week and his delivery lady starting having arguments with the manager in the middle of the restaurant. He was very apologetic and to us it was funny rather than anything that would put us off returning.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The obvious comparisons are The Set and 64 Degrees. I think The Set tries a bit too hard, and tries to be witty, and misses the mark a few times. 64 Degrees is a bit clumsy at times. Isaac strikes a very assured and confident balance between these two imho.
Went to The Set a couple of nights ago and was underwhelmed. Almost every dish had (at least) one ingredient too many - the boiled egg with the plaice and roast parsnip and parsnip puree and cheese was a good example particlarly as there had been an egg in the previous dish. Having "chicken nuggets" as a pre-starter and almost identical "partridge nuggets" later on was also a bit disappointing.

The wines that accompanied the menu were mostly very good (although the servings were a little on the mean side) and the staff were excellent. Glad I went but won't be rushing back.

I am a big fan of 64 Degrees but not yet been to Isaac. Next on the list and looking forward to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to The Set a couple of nights ago and was underwhelmed. Almost every dish had (at least) one ingredient too many - the boiled egg with the plaice and roast parsnip and parsnip puree and cheese was a good example particlarly as there had been an egg in the previous dish. Having "chicken nuggets" as a pre-starter and almost identical "partridge nuggets" later on was also a bit disappointing.

The wines that accompanied the menu were mostly very good (although the servings were a little on the mean side) and the staff were excellent. Glad I went but won't be rushing back.

I am a big fan of 64 Degrees but not yet been to Isaac. Next on the list and looking forward to it.

I think you'll like Isaac.

And a happy new year to all the NSC diners. Here's to 2017! My main food resolution is to get to Burger Bros.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Burger Bros is decent but still think Trolls is better.

I'm a huge fan of Trolls, although less toppings is more with his burgers. In my mind it's a tough ask to better Trolls. Looking forward to checking our Burger Bros though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm a huge fan of Trolls, although less toppings is more with his burgers. In my mind it's a tough ask to better Trolls. Looking forward to checking our Burger Bros though.

All this talk about gourmet burgers, gourmet fish and chips etc. with all the wonderful dining options available in this city, l find a tad worrying.

Horses for courses though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here