Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones leaves Albion to take charge at Luton [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Nathan Jones has left Albion to take over as manager of Luton Town.
The 42-year-old Welshman has signed a deal until the end of June 2018 with the League Two outfit.
Jones is believed to have beaten former England goalkeeper David James to the Kenilworth Road post.
He has impressed with his coaching work at Albion and, before that, Charlton.
Jones also helped spark the Seagulls’ move away from the drop zone last season when they took four points from two games under his temporary command ahead of Chris Hughton’s arrival.
He heads to Luton, where he was a young player, with the blessing of Hughton and chairman Tony Bloom.
Bloom said: “Nathan has been a great servant to the club, both as a player during the Withdean years, and more recently as part of the backroom team as assistant manager and first-team coach.

"We understand that this is an opportunity he feels he must take to progress his career. On behalf of all at the club, I would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him very well for the future."Hughton added: "The club has been aware of Nathan's ambition to become a manager for some time and we all would like to wish him well in his new role.
"Nathan has been an important member of my backroom team as first-team coach during my tenure and, while I can only comment about the time I have been here, I am aware that he's also been an important part of the coaching team in recent seasons.
4609205.jpg

"Since I arrived, he has been an enormous help to me in my first year in the job*and, alongside Colin Calderwood, he has played a big part in our progress in the last 12 months.
"I think he has all the attributes to become a very good manager."
Albion agreed compensation with Luton prior to Jones being given permission to speak to them about their manager's job.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here