Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standard Leige and Albion question

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dunno if it's on one of the other threads but who played for both clubs?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
And what a bargain Michael Small turned out to be. Shame he didn't stay with us for longer.

Looking up his stats I thought he'd played many more games but then 90/91 was the the season when I went to the most games and I saw more goals from him than Nogan or Zamora (so far)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looking up his stats I thought he'd played many more games but then 90/91 was the the season when I went to the most games and I saw more goals from him than Nogan or Zamora (so far)

Yep, strong, powerful, and he knew where the goal was. An ideal target man really. A virtual unknown when we signed him, having spent most of his career on the continent. Formed a great double act with John Byrne, but then after just a season, he moved on to West Ham for a while, before ending his career in Ireland l believe.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Him and Johnny Byrne... THAT match at Anfield...

One of the last runnings of the famed Seagulls Specials I think. The club chartered a train from Hove, picking up at Haywards Heath, to take fans to the match. It was packed solid. Took hours to get back as we were rerouted, and seemed to do a tour of all of southern England on our way home, I can remember looking up as we went past Oxford Station and thinking, what on earth are we doing here!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
One of the last runnings of the famed Seagulls Specials I think. The club chartered a train from Hove, picking up at Haywards Heath, to take fans to the match. It was packed solid. Took hours to get back as we were rerouted, and seemed to do a tour of all of southern England on our way home, I can remember looking up as we went past Oxford Station and thinking, what on earth are we doing here!

Remember this exactly as you describe. An absolutely fantastic day out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Many things to take away from that video. Jonny Crumplin football genius with John Barnes in his pocket, excellent support and SLOW version of GOSBTS sung correctly, the Kop clapping the Albion off. Marvelous

Everyone sitting down as well during the match

Seats were a novelty back then

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I managed to get in a 1st class coach there and back!

Journey did seem to take forever. Thank god i had a comfy seat.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It certainly was, plus that Rush 2nd goal was offside.

Small scored a great back header in the return that should have stood and won us the tie.

Was that the one with the replay when we scored a goal from a corner but Bruce Grobelaar got given a Free Kick for no reason ?

have to confess I wasn't there but remember seeing replays of it

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was that the one with the replay when we scored a goal from a corner but Bruce Grobelaar got given a Free Kick for no reason ?

have to confess I wasn't there but remember seeing replays of it

Yes, that was the one.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here