Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are some clubs ignoring FFP this season?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That had occurred to me. Although the limit is 7m more than last year, so maybe not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The limit has increased from 5m to 13m, which gives teams that met the limits last year a lot more with which to play.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Given that QPR haven't been sanctioned yet because they're claiming they've used some complicated legitimate fiddle, I would imagine others might think it's a chance worth taking.
In some ways it is, if you fail to get promoted, get sanctioned then avoid relegation, you've not lost much (unless you go bust like Pompey/Palace).
Mind you, I could be talking cobblers as I don't really understand money

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If Tony has the money and doesn't mind gambling then I'd add another F to FFP and just go for it ignoring the rules as plucky Bournmouth and Queens Park Recruitment did. If we reach the promised land we're waving out the window as the plane takes off at all the other suckers (and we know how that feels!). Time and Time again the FA have demonstrated their feebleness and incompetence when it comes to Rule enforcement. Nah, go large Tony...GO LARGE!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think that QPR's legal action may have proved FFP unenforceable...

Precisely. FA are a joke. Greg Dyke said we could win the World Cup yesterday...sake. Case dismissed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
FFP is a wet blanket. Once the F.A changed tack with QPR it lost all credibility. They haven't got the balls I'm afraid

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really had high hopes for FFP, QPR should have the book thrown at them, B'muff relegated but the system is broke. Seems we are going to be surrounded by yet more cheats.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If Tony has the money and doesn't mind gambling then I'd add another F to FFP and just go for it ignoring the rules as plucky Bournmouth and Queens Park Recruitment did. If we reach the promised land we're waving out the window as the plane takes off at all the other suckers (and we know how that feels!). Time and Time again the FA have demonstrated their feebleness and incompetence when it comes to Rule enforcement. Nah, go large Tony...GO LARGE!

Precisely. FA are a joke. Greg Dyke said we could win the World Cup yesterday...sake. Case dismissed.

FFP is a wet blanket. Once the F.A changed tack with QPR it lost all credibility. They haven't got the balls I'm afraid

Err .... FFP is the Football League.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Strictly speaking its UEFA but yeah, nowt to do with the FA. Though they are spineless weenies.

Heh, weeny.

Are you sure? Uefa operate a FFP system but it is different. The Premier league also have a separate scheme and then of course there is the Football League. Not sure the Football league scheme is governed by Uefa.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In reply to the OP, unquestionably - but now there are TWO possible getouts, where before there was only one.

Now teams are making a calculated financial decision, risk and reward, on the huge windfall up for grabs. That was the case for teams like QPR and Forest in the past.

But in addition to the chance of landing the promotion, there is also the waters muddied by QPR about the enforceability of FFP at all.

So while it may be very annoying for clubs who are trying, you almost can't blame people for chancing their arm. They could get lucky, and they might get away with it anyway.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Are you sure? Uefa operate a FFP system but it is different. The Premier league also have a separate scheme and then of course there is the Football League. Not sure the Football league scheme is governed by Uefa.

Reasonably certain it is a UEFA decree being enacted by the various football league bodies.

Actually, I have just checked and it seems the FL is using UEFA FFP as a guideline/template.

My bad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here