Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 16 (Xbox One)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Having an afternoon to myself, I decided to settle down in front of my Xbox to play a touch of FIFA. Imagine my surprise to find myself paired with [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] on the online divisions setup! Never come across another Albion fan let alone another NSC'er randomly!!! I got battered 3-0 by a lively Albion side, including one of the silkiest lob goals you'll ever see.....

Anyway, I remember a few years ago there was an NSC online league..... Any other XB1 owners fancy it??? If anyone knows how to set it up that would be a big help..... I can't bloody work it out!!!!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Having an afternoon to myself, I decided to settle down in front of my Xbox to play a touch of FIFA. Imagine my surprise to find myself paired with [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] on the online divisions setup! Never come across another Albion fan let alone another NSC'er randomly!!! I got battered 3-0 by a lively Albion side, including one of the silkiest lob goals you'll ever see.....

Anyway, I remember a few years ago there was an NSC online league..... Any other XB1 owners fancy it??? If anyone knows how to set it up that would be a big help..... I can't bloody work it out!!!!

I would be up for this! But like you... no idea how to set it up :glare:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have an Xbox one also, and FIFA

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
On a related note. I am being pestered by Jnr for an "Xbox".

I don't really know what this is.

Should I get him one? He is 8 years old and likes playing sport games on Ipad.

What is the least expensive option I can get away with if I do go for it? Secondhand? Early generation of machine? Best place to pick up? Anyone on here looking to get rid?!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

What is the least expensive option I can get away with if I do go for it? Secondhand? Early generation of machine? Best place to pick up? Anyone on here looking to get rid?!

To be fair, at 8 years old, I'd get him an Xbox 360, can pick one up in CEX for less than £100 with a few games, and the games are mightily cheaper. Then when he's a bit older and the prices come down, get him an Xbox one.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Yep. These are extra words so that my post looks like it has more to it than just 'yes'. It doesn't though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be fair, at 8 years old, I'd get him an Xbox 360, can pick one up in CEX for less than £100 with a few games, and the games are mightily cheaper. Then when he's a bit older and the prices come down, get him an Xbox one.
This sounds like sage advice. Thanks.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

I bought the xbox one for the family :wink: for xmas which came with FIFA 16 pre downloaded. Great bit of kit. Previously had the WII but graphically the two machines don't compare.
Would hugely recommend the driving game Forza 6 though, the 8yr old and 10 year old love it but don't get a look in when I'm around.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It was a close game, 3-0 was flattering to me.

I'd be up for a league, once i know what's happening with me in terms of accommodation.

And if anyone wants to see it, My XB1 captured the chip mentioned:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid...=9C68633C85AF0F26!111&authkey=AHe9S7fiB8q99Vw

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

GREYEB_250_copyright.jpg

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015

I'd say an Xbox 360 is the best option at that age, it's the console that came before the Xbox One, therefore a little cheaper and can be picked up with a few sports games for not a lot more than £100 second hand.
FIFA 16, Forza Motorsport, Pro Evolution Soccer are all good sports games I would recommend as well. :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd say an Xbox 360 is the best option at that age, it's the console that came before the Xbox One, therefore a little cheaper and can be picked up with a few sports games for not a lot more than £100 second hand.
FIFA 16, Forza Motorsport, Pro Evolution Soccer are all good sports games I would recommend as well. :)
Thanks for this advice. I know it can be "Googled" but it seems to work better on here for some reason...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

I would second this.

The 360 also has a huge back catalogue of games available for it that you can pick up second hand for relative peanuts.

Only bit of advice is to make sure that any version you get has a half decent hard drive with it. Won't need a massive size at all but without one saving games will be more than a bit difficult.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for this advice. I know it can be "Googled" but it seems to work better on here for some reason...

If you pick one up I've got a bunch of old games I no longer want and won't get any money for, trade-in or otherwise. Happy to pop them in the post. PM me and I'll put together a list of age suitable ones I've got.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have bought an xbox360. Linked to telly and got a disc in. All is good but I can't get it to "start". Nothing is happening when I press remote button.

Batteries are ok and green light comes on.

Should the console be vertical or horizontal?

Help...!!!

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Well up for a league or just a game with any other albion fan. I did play someone playing at Brighton at the weekend in a Div 4 seasons game. Ended 2-2.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I have bought an xbox360. Linked to telly and got a disc in. All is good but I can't get it to "start". Nothing is happening when I press remote button.

Batteries are ok and green light comes on.

Should the console be vertical or horizontal?

Help...!!!

Horizontal or vertical is fine. How is it connected to the TV? Scart or HDMI? Make sure you're on the correct AV channel. Try pressing the 'source' or AV button on the remote.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here