Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rea wants a long-term future with Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Glen Rea has targeted a long-term future with Albion.
The utility player is wanted back on loan or permanently by Southend United, where he has just spent five months on loan.
Rea made 16 appearances for the League One outfit, the majority as a substitute.
He enjoyed his time at Roots Hall but said: "I'm still under contract at Brighton and I love it here too.
"I'm a Brighton fan, they're my team and long term I want to have a future here.
"I'm really not sure what's going to happen at the moment, it's just a case of waiting to see.
"If I was go back to Southend then great. I absolutely loved it there and I would welcome the chance to work under the gaffer there again. But it's not up to me to say what should happen."
Southend boss Phil Brown, also speaking to the Southend Echo, does not expect a decision to be made on Republic of Ireland under-21 international Rea until later in January.
Brown said: "I think Brighton want to have a real good look at Glen in training before they decide what to do next.
"I would imagine Glen will be there for another two weeks but they're certainly aware of our interest in him and that we would like him to come back.
"But Glen is out of contract at the end of the season so it's an important time for him and Brighton will be thinking over what's best to do."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here