NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fantastic news!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've not stopped thinking about this since last night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers. Firmly in the FOR camp.

I take re-unions or whatever on a case-by-case basis. Some work, some don't. Sometimes I can't figure out why they do or don't. I'm struggling to see why this might not work though....like you firmly in the FOR camp.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There's an album this year. I think Murphy's reasoning sounds pretty solid here. Strongly suspect, this will be an excellent reunion and any material released will be worthy of their name.

http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/793

I very nearly went to the MSG 'final' shows. I was a bit flusher then and was so blown away by the last time I saw them in the tent at Bestival that I wanted to do it again. I'd be totally gutted now if I did, 5 years isn't really that long to wait.

Anyway, shut up and play the hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7e1FnwuQI

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If they play any UK gigs they will be about £60 and full of absolute tools but it's still ace news. I met JM for about an hour before they played Event sometime in the Jurassic Period and he was in a very bad mood and it took me ages to get him to agree to it and cheer up but he was still bloody great.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If they play any UK gigs they will be about £60 and full of absolute tools but it's still ace news. I met JM for about an hour before they played Event sometime in the Jurassic Period and he was in a very bad mood and it took me ages to get him to agree to it and cheer up but he was still bloody great.

That was a cracking gig. Hot Chip, Art Brut and someone else supported.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Really? Bloody hell. I can't remember any of the details from anything around that period, apart from a very vivid recall of speaking to Florence Welch and Heartsrevolution in an ice cream van outside Digital around this time.

:lolol:

This is the one - http://www.last.fm/event/527227+LCD+Soundsystem+at+The+Event+2+on+08+December+2005

Gone 12 when LCD got on IIRC. Hot Chip played loads of unreleased material, from The Warning, including the first time I ever heard Over and Over.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
:lolol:

This is the one - http://www.last.fm/event/527227+LCD+Soundsystem+at+The+Event+2+on+08+December+2005

Gone 12 when LCD got on IIRC. Hot Chip played loads of unreleased material, from The Warning, including the first time I ever heard Over and Over.

Striking how infantile the internet still was then - within five years there'd be hundreds of people rsvp'ing to that gig online, full setlist, videos. Possibly also why the retro-futurism of that whole nu-wave electro scene aged and disappeared quickly. Not much is comparable now, which is at least one reason for LCD to return.

Event was decent as a live venue. Don't think LCD ever played anywhere big in Brighton? Pretty sure they played C2 around that time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Striking how infantile the internet still was then - within five years there'd be hundreds of people rsvp'ing to that gig online, full setlist, videos. Possibly also why the retro-futurism of that whole nu-wave electro scene aged and disappeared quickly. Not much is comparable now, which is at least one reason for LCD to return.

Event was decent as a live venue. Don't think LCD ever played anywhere big in Brighton? Pretty sure they played C2 around that time.

They played the C2 twice I think. I saw them the second time and my wife saw them the first. Second time was 10 years ago on 2nd album I think. This was as big as it got in Brighton for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside me and the wife got together over LCD. I'd met her before at a party and got blanked. Saw her again and got talking. She asked what music I was into and conscious of the first blanking I played it cool and aloof and dismissively said "I'm into a lot of that disco, funk, punk stuff coming out of NY at the moment." and then pompously sucked on my cigarette. The wife said, "like LCD Soundsystem?" And then told me she had seen them ages ago and rattled off a load of other stuff some I'd heard of some I hadn't. I was feeling about half my size at this point and I realised I'd met my match.

Fast forward a number of years and we were about to get married and struggling for a honeymoon location. LCD solved the dilemma by announcing a smallish open air date on Ibiza 4 days after we wed and also on my birthday.

Just thought I'd share that.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
As an aside me and the wife got together over LCD. I'd met her before at a party and got blanked. Saw her again and got talking. She asked what music I was into and conscious of the first blanking I played it cool and aloof and dismissively said "I'm into a lot of that disco, funk, punk stuff coming out of NY at the moment." and then pompously sucked on my cigarette. The wife said, "like LCD Soundsystem?" And then told me she had seen them ages ago and rattled off a load of other stuff some I'd heard of some I hadn't. I was feeling about half my size at this point and I realised I'd met my match.

Fast forward a number of years and we were about to get married and struggling for a honeymoon location. LCD solved the dilemma by announcing a smallish open air date on Ibiza 4 days after we wed and also on my birthday.

Just thought I'd share that.

Honeeeymoon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here