Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cotterill £1million ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Just seen online that we could trigger the £1million release clause for David Cotterill from Birmingham City.

Brighton and Hove Albion will underline their Premier League ambitions by giving manager Chris Hughton the money to spend on at least two new players in the January transfer window.

Albion, who currently sit fourth in the Championship table, are considering paying the £1million buy-out clause required to land Birmingham City and Wales midfielder David Cotterill and are also looking at the South American market to bring in a new striker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Chris-Hughton-aims-promotion-bid-track.html

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Exceptional crosser of the ball and set piece taker. EXACTLY what we need and a bargain at that price. Fingers crossed.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Dont remember him playing against us or didnt see him stand out as exceptional. Perhaps somebody could enlighten me.

As mentioned above, he didn't play against us, but I saw him on TV against Ipswich and he was the best player on the pitch. I don't think that it is a coincidence that Birmingham's form dipped when he got injured.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
When a paper say's a club are considering or thinking about I see it as nothing more than pure speculation to be honest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just in case anyone is worried that Cotterill is not a FLAIR enough signing, may I just draw your attention to his FULL name:

David Rhys George Best Cotterill

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why read the article when the gist of it is on here plus most NSC posters slate the Daily Mail as being inaccurate and rubbish, so why would I want to read it.

Indeed. Certainly not as accurate and reliable as Football Rumours or TransferMrkt valuations :rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here