Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It looks like Sheff Weds have started rolling the dice !

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

Brentford have rejected an offer from Sheffield Wednesday for Alan Judge, according to Sky sources

i wonder who else is on their list ?? ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No worries, I am sure we'll have our business done by the end of the window, when 5 games have passed :dunce:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sky Sports News HQ understands Reading have accepted a bid for their top scorer Nick Blackman from Sheffield Wednesday.

Brentford have rejected an offer from Sheffield Wednesday for Alan Judge, according to Sky sources

i wonder who else is on their list ?? ???

Judge likely to be on a lot of clubs' shopping lists IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that Wednesday may overtake us in the not too distant future. They already have a quality squad and seem intent on strengthening even further. Time will tell how ambitious we are this January, hopefully very.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was very impressed with Blackman when he played against us, seems to gone off the boil a bit since then though. Suspect that reflects Reading in general more than him perhaps?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that Wednesday may overtake us in the not too distant future. They already have a quality squad and seem intent on strengthening even further. Time will tell how ambitious we are this January, hopefully very.

Well they need to score just under 0.25 points a game more than us for the rest of the season to do so, which is quite a high ask.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefull they will take points off of the top 3 I was hoping the same of QPR but Austin has only played against us recently been out injured again.

Didn't know he'd been injured that's bloody typical of our luck atm isn't it! The one game he plays is against us and bags a brace :(

As for them taking points off the top 3 BG - If they do that they'll surely be doing alright in their other matches so will most likely be very close to us / ahead of us given that scenario! I'm still looking over the shoulder at 7th atm rather than up the table!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well they need to score just under 0.25 points a game more than us for the rest of the season to do so, which is quite a high ask.

So six points to them and none for us in the next two tough away games is not a very real possibility? You are a confident man given their recent form and ours. They had a glitch against MK Dons and were narrowly beaten at Boro, other than that free scoring easy wins. We have relegation form and can only score for the opposition. :down:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Blackman is out of contract at the end of the season and has one good half season for Reading, so if they get some decent money I am sure they won't be too fussed, potentially similar to us with Barnes though.

Judge will move on towards the end of the window, however I would think most of the clubs in the league will be looking at him, Fulham would be my bet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't know he'd been injured that's bloody typical of our luck atm isn't it! The one game he plays is against us and bags a brace :(

As for them taking points off the top 3 BG - If they do that they'll surely be doing alright in their other matches so will most likely be very close to us / ahead of us given that scenario! I'm still looking over the shoulder at 7th atm rather than up the table!

I am still looking upwards as we still have the top 3 to play. Ideally the top 3 to each go on a run of draws, which only helps us, if we win.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So six points to them and non for us in the next two tough away games is not a very real possibility?

Of course it is, but you need to look over the 21 games really. It is slightly less likely than us overtaking Derby.

I suppose both outcomes will largely be determined by the respective matches at the AMEX.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course it is, but you need to look over the 21 games really. It is slightly less likely than us overtaking Derby.

I suppose both outcomes will largely be determined by the respective matches at the AMEX.

So you think we have a better chance of overhauling Derby than Wednesday have of overhauling us? Have I got that right?

If so, I can only admire your optimism.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So you think we have a better chance of overhauling Derby than Wednesday have of overhauling us? Have I got that right?

If so, I can only admire your optimism.

Indeed. Why not. We have both clubs to play at home after the window closes. Every chance with strengthening and players back from injury we can win both

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here