Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pranav Dhanawade 1009

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just scored the little matter of 1009 in a single innings in the HT Bhandari Cup inter school tournament in India. The fifteen year old was playing for KC Gandhi school v Arya Gurukul school and made his runs out of a total of 1465.
He hit 59 sixes and 127 fours in a total of 395 minutes and has beaten the previous world record set by Arthur Collins in 1899 ( 628 ) by the small margin of 381 runs.
Can you get your head round that....1009!!!!.....it defies belief......Collins record spanned three centuries.....surely this will last for as long as cricket is played....or will it?
ps I wonder if he was run out!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just scored the little matter of 1009 in a single innings in the HT Bhandari Cup inter school tournament in India. The fifteen year old was playing for KC Gandhi school v Arya Gurukul school and made his runs out of a total of 1465.
He hit 59 sixes and 127 fours in a total of 395 minutes and has beaten the previous world record set by Arthur Collins in 1899 ( 628 ) by the small margin of 381 runs.
Can you get your head round that....1009!!!!.....it defies belief......Collins record spanned three centuries.....surely this will last for as long as cricket is played....or will it?
ps I wonder if he was run out!

No - it was 1009 not out (from just 323 balls!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The bowling figures should be interesting..........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Possibly worth a punt if he can play left-back.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Son of an auto rickshaw driver. A brilliant achievement.

This is what the opposing coach said:
Arya Gurukul School coach Yogesh Jagtap was awestruck by Pranav's innings. "That was special. I have never seen something like this. Yes, the ground may be small like a Cross Maidan or he was dropped quite a few times by my players, but credit to him for the way he played," said Jagtap.

"The boys playing for my team were actually from U-14 and most of them playing for the first time. My U-16 team players who were supposed to participate could not come as the principal could not release them due to 10th exams. The boys were under prepared. In fact, such was the impact of his shots that they could not put hand to the ball," he added.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The bowling figures should be interesting..........

Scorecard is on the BBC site. Can't post the pic, but here are the highlights:

They declared on 1465 for 3. The other batsmen scored 173, 157, 55 and 36*
He shared stands of 546 for the first wicket, 531 (2nd), 254 (3rd) and unbeaten 134 (4th)

Some pain for the bowlers:

1. 20 overs, 0/284
2. 18 overs, 0/241
3. 23 overs, 2/352
4. 6 overs, 0/142
5. 15 overs, 1/281
6. 2 overs, 0/37
7. 5 overs, 0/80
8. 2 overs, 0/33

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Scorecard is on the BBC site. Can't post the pic, but here are the highlights:

They declared on 1465 for 3. The other batsmen scored 173, 157, 55 and 36*
He shared stands of 546 for the first wicket, 531 (2nd), 254 (3rd) and unbeaten 134 (4th)

Some pain for the bowlers:

1. 20 overs, 0/284
2. 18 overs, 0/241
3. 23 overs, 2/352
4. 6 overs, 0/142
5. 15 overs, 1/281
6. 2 overs, 0/37
7. 5 overs, 0/80
8. 2 overs, 0/33

Incredible......still trying to get my head round it....even at schoolboy level its mind blowing.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Very impressive but at that age playing someone two years younger and with very little playing experience is going to see a mental score. I would assume that the only reason we haven't seen the sort before is because the majority of school age cricket is limited to 20/50 overs.

Not taking anything away from the lad as it is very impressive, but I am only surprised that 600odd stood for so long

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently his side's 1465/3 was in reply to their opponents' 31 all out!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very impressive but at that age playing someone two years younger and with very little playing experience is going to see a mental score. I would assume that the only reason we haven't seen the sort before is because the majority of school age cricket is limited to 20/50 overs.

Not taking anything away from the lad as it is very impressive, but I am only surprised that 600odd stood for so long
I'm happy to make the boring/PC observation that the "experience" inflicted on this fielding team borders on the abusive and simply should not have been allowed to happen.

The positive publicity given to this feat will unfortunately encourage (admittedly in a marginal way) malpractice in junior cricket.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm happy to make the boring/PC observation that the "experience" inflicted on this fielding team borders on the abusive and simply should not have been allowed to happen.

The positive publicity given to this feat will unfortunately encourage (admittedly in a marginal way) malpractice in junior cricket.

Very true, and rather amusing after Real Madrid were criticised for not showing mercy when they won 10-2

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The other team were bowled out for 52 in their second innings, resulting in a narrow defeat by an innings and 1382 runs.

Bless them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

In terms of time, the Dhanawade innings was actually shorter than the Collins' 628, so it really was a remarkable feat. (It should be pointed out, however, that because of the short boundaries, 'fours' only counted as twos in the Collins game). School cricket in India is not limited to 20 or 50 overs: there was the famous stand between Tendulkar and Kambli of 664 about 30 years ago - although this was broken 10 years ago when two kids put on 721 in just 40 overs. It should be noted though that neither of these players made it in first class cricket

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
In terms of time, the Dhanawade innings was actually shorter than the Collins' 628, so it really was a remarkable feat. (It should be pointed out, however, that because of the short boundaries, 'fours' only counted as twos in the Collins game). School cricket in India is not limited to 20 or 50 overs: there was the famous stand between Tendulkar and Kambli of 664 about 30 years ago - although this was broken 10 years ago when two kids put on 721 in just 40 overs. It should be noted though that neither of these players made it in first class cricket

Now that is statastic!!

By no means is it not a great feat, I guess I would just love to see more multiple day matches in young age groups in the UK. Probably also a little jealous that my highest score at that age was 26 (although it did include a rather spectacular edged six)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now that is statastic!!

By no means is it not a great feat, I guess I would just love to see more multiple day matches in young age groups in the UK. Probably also a little jealous that my highest score at that age was 26 (although it did include a rather spectacular edged six)

In colts cricket in my day, we only played 20 overs (although we considered and approached these as 'full' games, rather than short-form, because we weren't all that good). When we played 'proper' length matches during teh Sussex Festival week, our innings often lasted little more than 20 overs anyway!

That said, even in 20 overs, I've seen both sides of maulings.

One game v Portslade, at Victoria Park, they racked up 250 for 1 or 2, before bowling out our assorted 11 to 14 year olds for 21. Darren Newman, who played up to reserve level for the Albion scored most of their runs, including a six up onto the A27.

The other that sticks out, is getting skittled at Buckingham Park (by Shoreham??). The chief destroyer was a lad called Russell Jefferies, who took something like 7-5. I played against him a few times as lads, and was CONVINCED he was going to play first class cricket. Never heard of him again.

Such maulings and the Indian one in the news could put some kids off playing, I guess, if the coaches / parents are not careful. We laughed them off, and dished out our own, when our 13 year olds became 16 year olds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here