Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free scoring creative midfielder anyone?... Enter Pascal GroB

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Promoted to the Bundersliga with FC Ingolstadt 04 last season, 33 goals in 99 apps from midfield.

£3-4 m would seal the deal. Yes please.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FFS, at least keep it to one thread of 'Random Players From Around Europe What I Wud Like Us To Sign'.

Its hard enough keeping up with the threads on the players we have actually been linked with, without all the extra completely speculative ones.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you BBBW I like to read of speculative signings who we may or may not be interested in as it broadens our horizons and players from outside of the UK tend to be better value especially Eastern European.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
FFS, at least keep it to one thread of 'Random Players From Around Europe What I Wud Like Us To Sign'.

Its hard enough keeping up with the threads on the players we have actually been linked with, without all the extra completely speculative ones.

Perhaps we need 3 separate forums.
1. Transfer rumours based on some evidence even if it is http://football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php or similar.
2. Wildly speculative rumours just to start a thread.
3. BG's transfer rumours ???:)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
So what is the attitude ?

We buy a good creative midfielder , e.g. Kayal. We laud him to the skies, then he and the others have a dip in form so we drop him and buy another expensive one.... So the cycle goes on , buy, short period then buy again & sell the first one at a loss.

It does not seem a good way to run a club ,to me.. What about coaching, tactics and motivation to get us back to the top of the league?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

We buy a good creative midfielder , e.g. Kayal. We laud him to the skies, then he and the others have a dip in form so we drop him and buy another expensive one.... So the cycle goes on , buy, short period then buy again & sell the first one at a loss.

It does not seem a good way to run a club ,to me.. What about coaching, tactics and motivation to get us back to the top of the league?

Kayal isn't really a creative midfielder IMO. We are woefully shot of creative players and someone like this (who isn't just plucked out of the air at random) is the exact sort of player we should be looking at. With nearly all of our wingers out/blowing hot and cold a change of tact player is exactly what we need. A 4-5-1 with Kayal/Stevens and someone creative would be a great option. Texeria isn't doing anything for Liverpool and would really thrive in our current side.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

We want a 3rd top quality central midfielder. Flogging Kayal and Stephens to death every game is what we are currently doing. So i'd argue it's actually the opposite, a long term plan. Clearly CH doesn't rate the other central midfielders we have, or they'd be rotated more.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Promoted to the Bundersliga with FC Ingolstadt 04 last season, 33 goals in 99 apps from midfield.

£3-4 m would seal the deal. Yes please.

That should be Pascal Gross - it's a double s, not a capital B. pascal Grob is a German Musician, I think.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
What about Robert Codner? He was relatively free scoring and is still loosely connected to the club via Solly March. Get in J Lloyd Samuel to be 4th choice left back alongside Jon Arne Rise and our business will be done.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kayal isn't really a creative midfielder IMO. We are woefully shot of creative players and someone like this (who isn't just plucked out of the air at random) is the exact sort of player we should be looking at. With nearly all of our wingers out/blowing hot and cold a change of tact player is exactly what we need. A 4-5-1 with Kayal/Stevens and someone creative would be a great option. Texeria isn't doing anything for Liverpool and would really thrive in our current side.

Thanks DMC, my thoughts exactly we currently have no quality replacement for either Beram or Dale. This chap seems to fit the criteria and more importantly would be in budget.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are crying out for 'a brain' in midfield to push the balls through to our strikers and have been for a couple of seasons. Could Richie Towell be the answer? We need a player like Clayton or Leadbetter from Middlesbro but no hope there.

Last edited:

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
We are crying out for 'a brain' in midfield to push the balls through to our strikers and have been for a couple of seasons. Could Richie Towell be the answer? We need a player like Clayton or Leadbetter from Middlesbro but no hope there.

Seeing as we are aloud to name random players we are unlikely to sign....... Henri Lansbury?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We want a 3rd top quality central midfielder. Flogging Kayal and Stephens to death every game is what we are currently doing. So i'd argue it's actually the opposite, a long term plan. Clearly CH doesn't rate the other central midfielders we have, or they'd be rotated more.

Spot on Marshy :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here