Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opportunity knocks for Albion's forgotten men [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's forgotten men are set for run-outs in the FA Cup to give key players a breather.
Niki Maenpaa, Adam Chicksen, Rohan Ince, Jake-Forster-Caskey and Danny Holla are all in the frame for rare outings.
David Stockdale, Bruno, Beram Kayal, Dale Stephens and Jamie Muprhy are among those likely to be rested from the third round clash at fellow Championship promotion hopefuls Hull on Saturday.
New signings Liam Ridgewell and Richie Towell will be in contention for debuts as well as Chris Hughton seizes the opportunity to give his busiest players a break before two more away matches next week in the league at Rotherham and Blackburn.
Hughton told The Argus: “I will look at Saturday certainly to rest a few players, because a lot of players have had to play almost every game.
“We’ve got two tough away games Tuesday week and Saturday week, which are very much a priority for me.”
The break from league action between the third home defeat in a row against Wolves on New Year’s Day and the January 12 trip to Rotherham gives injury-ravaged Albion a chance to regroup after six games without a win and four without a goal, which has dropped them from top to fourth.
Hughton said: “I would be the first to be critical if the players weren’t applying themselves well enough but they are. They are having a real go.
“You have to accept at the moment things are not going our way that possibly earlier in the season were. A way of attempting to solve it is making sure you keep motivated as a group, remind them of how well they have done in the good periods and look to start again in that next game away from home.
“Fortunately for us, we haven’t lost a (League) game away from home. We’ve proved already this season we can do well. We need to, because we’ve got away games next.”
Captain Gordon Greer, close to regaining fitness after two matches out with hamstring trouble, will probably not be risked against Hull.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here