Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four Month Shadow Cabinet Reshuffle

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
NHS about to go on strike and this is the best you Tory boys have got?

a shadow cabinet reshuffle is quite a big deal politically........always has been

would you prefer the thread was called NHS strike please dont mention the reshuffle?

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A New Year, but same old Goady Tory :tosser: starting an anti-Labour or anti-Corbyn thread.

What dull lives some NSC posters seem to live.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A New Year, but same old Goady Tory :tosser: starting an anti-Labour or anti-Corbyn thread.

What dull lives some NSC posters seem to live.

Well said,i see you mention the same thing on every anti Tory thread as well..........oh no you dont,my mistake

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Did think *yawn* another politics-points-scoring thread, but then I saw the BBC website...

beeb.jpg

...disappointed when I scrolled to find it was two articles and not a radical approach to political change.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
of course i am prejudiced david,i am a Tory supporter......please allow me an extra giggle as the Labour party implodes even further

Labour implode
have you seen the shite street the tories are making for themselves
I have a room full of PRINGLES ready

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shadow culture secretary Michael Dugher tweets that he has been sacked.

[tweet]
684314268024573952[/tweet]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Shadow culture secretary Michael Dugher tweets that he has been sacked.

[tweet]
684314268024573952[/tweet]

Not the culture secretary! Jeez, how will the Chinese, Americans and Angela Merkel react to that? The financial markets will go into meltdown!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
At the moment, Corbyn seems intent on trying to be all things to all people in the Labour Party - which is simply not going to work. If he's to have a real shot at making himself electable at a general election, which I think is increasingly more unlikely, his best shot is to commit wholeheartedly to his beliefs and preferred policies. If that means creating a shadow cabinet which is as much made up of similarly-left wing MPs, then so be it. If he can't do that, the message might be that he is the not the person to take the Labour Party forward.

Because at the moment, for all of the Tory stumbling, the Labour Party stands collectively for the square root of sod all. If you look at the two of the big issues which generally decide elections, the economy and defence, they're even more confused and divided than they were under Milliband - and that didn''t exactly go down well with the electorate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At the moment, Corbyn seems intent on trying to be all things to all people in the Labour Party - which is simply not going to work. If he's to have a real shot at making himself electable at a general election, which I think is increasingly more unlikely, his best shot is to commit wholeheartedly to his beliefs and preferred policies. If that means creating a shadow cabinet which is as much made up of similarly-left wing MPs, then so be it. If he can't do that, the message might be that he is the not the person to take the Labour Party forward.

Because at the moment, for all of the Tory stumbling, the Labour Party stands collectively for the square root of sod all. If you look at the two of the big issues which generally decide elections, the economy and defence, they're even more confused and divided than they were under Milliband - and that didn''t exactly go down well with the electorate.

There are another 4 years 4 months to a GA. No one was going to sort out the post Blair/Brown post Miliband divisions in 5 months. To be fair to him, 7 months ago he probably hadn't even anticipated being leader. Perhaps he's not up to it, or maybe he's a slow burner...:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has Benn got the boot?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There are another 4 years 4 months to a GA. No one was going to sort out the post Blair/Brown post Miliband divisions in 5 months. To be fair to him, 7 months ago he probably hadn't even anticipated being leader. Perhaps he's not up to it, or maybe he's a slow burner...:shrug:

Regardless of the time still to run until the next general election, the key question is are there enough Labour MPs that agree with his policies and stance to have a chance of forming something cohesive and credible? If not, the best thing for the Labour Party would be to find a candidate who *does* have those prospects, and give that person as long as possible to work towards the next election.

Does JC even want to be Prime Minister? I doubt it, to be honest.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
of course i am prejudiced david,i am a Tory supporter......please allow me an extra giggle as the Labour party implodes even further

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek, and I am not a Corbyn supporter, but maybe the implosion will not be furthered by whatever is announced.

After all, our dear Chancellor has surprised me once or twice in recent times.... although I still very strongly distrust his priorities and motivation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here